Massages in Bali

Mar 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

Massages in Bali

The prices seem great for massages in Bali and I think I may just have one each day. What do you all recommend? The massages aren't as cheap directly through the hotels, so should I plan to go to a spa offsite or do you recommend booking a massuse to come to the resort? In eed help for the following two locations:

FS Sayan
&
Ritz or Amankila

Thanks
Mar 29th, 2005, 10:31 PM
mjs

I do not remember what the price of a massage at the 4S was but the Ritz was $40/hour. You can certainly pay less at the offsite spas but I would not think that the inconvenience would be worth the money difference for someone who could afford to stay at these type hotels. Getting someone to come to the hotel could save you some bucks but I do not know if these hotels allow it.
Mar 30th, 2005, 04:54 AM

In Seminyak not far from the Ritz is a lovely spa Jari menari where you will pay much less than Ritz rates. I went there daily. Wonderful massage, great setting.
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:24 PM

I'm a spa junkie and hv been to spas around the world.

Even at the top Bali hotel spas, massages go for US$45/hr so splurge on them.Around Jimbaran/Nusa Dua, Ritz Carlton's thallaso pool with ocean view is hard to beat.

FS Sayan spa is mediocre. Try the Kirana Spa by Shiseido instead.Beautiful terraced rice field views. Alternatively the Begawan Giri spa is also very nice. Both are around Ubud.

If you're sick of minimalist spas, try the moghul architecture designed Prana Spa in Legian.

Visit "spaasia.com" n "destinasia.com" for more spas.I subscribe to their magazines n they, together with "asia spa magazine" are the authoritative guide on asian spas.
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:40 PM

also check out "asiaspa.com"