Search

Massage in UBUD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Massage in UBUD

Hi,

Has anyone tried the treatments at Nur Salon in Ubud recently? Any other suggestions for a good massage and spa treatments are much appreciated...

Thank you..
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 04:10 AM

We had a couples massage, the "17th Century Royal Javanese Treatment" with a Mandi Lulur Floral Bath at Zen Body Holiday in Ubud. We were pampered for about an hour and 45 minutes at about US$15 per person. I highly recommend them.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 11:34 PM

My wife had a "Aromatherapy Massage" at Komaneka Resort for US$40.

Here is the excerpt from the brochure:

Aromatherapy Massage:
A 90-minute session starting with aloe vera-mint body wash, a combination of Swedish, Shiatsu, Balinese and acupressure techniques and finishing with a soothing mini facial massage.

Hope that would help.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Craig and Gotmilk for your replies...I checked out Zen Body and they seem to be quite far from Ubud centre...they are somewhere in Senggigi I think..is it easy to get there from the city?

Thanks again...
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:20 AM

I had treatments at Nur Salon several years ago, so my info may not be of that much interest to you. I thought it was very good, although quite local in flavour (i.e. no piped music, air con treatment rooms, candles floating in bowls, etc). The products they used were all local Indonesian products, which I enjoyed and had no reaction to. I had two facials and a few body massages and over a few week period. The place was not luxurious, but certainly fine, and the staff were gentle and accommodating. I think it would be worth a try for a different experience from the usual modern spa experience.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Hi Cicerone..

Your comments are indeed helpful..at least I know what to expect and not be dissappointed...it sounds like a real no frills beauty salon..will definitely try out..they are so cheap I can always check out other places if I don't like it...

cheers...
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:36 AM

Zen is not that far from Ubud center - we walked there - maybe 5-10 minutes. Zen is also fairly local in flavor.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 04:06 AM

I checked my notes on this. The Zen Body Holiday we went to is on Hanoman Street in Ubud. They can pick you up if you want. Website is www.zenbalispa.com.
There is a resort on northern Bali with the same name but no relation.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 05:27 AM

I just checked at out Zen's website as we will be in Bali in early June this year. I added them to my favorites since I plan to go there too! I can't believe the whole day of pampering for less than $50 U.S.!

Thanks for starting the thread Ladyice and to all the others for their responses.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Original Poster

Yes...thanks Craig for your time to find the web address...it's a bonus coz I just confirmed my accommodation at Biyukukung Hotel, just 10 mins walk from Monkey Forest Rd which is also close to Jalan Hanoman...

AuntyLynne...if you are still looking for a place to stay...check the hotel out..the landscape is beautiful... surrounded by rice fields and it has all the facilites including a spa but their prices are a bit costly..I got a Suite for $80USnett inclusive of breakfast..