Manohra overnight cruise--Bangkok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone done this? I'm interested in the overnight cruise, not the dinner cruise. We want to do something different this time in Bangkok and this seems like a unique option. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Okay, forget the overnight cruise. I just looked at the website again and realized the price is $2000 per night, not 2000 Baht like I thought. Silly me!
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we did it about 5 years ago...we did the one way with a limo back from up north...

it was fantastic....there were only two couples the nite we went...there are 4 staterooms...you leave bkk at mid afternoon...

the accomodations are very lux, albeit tiny...we had a two level room with our bath down below...that was fun with the little stairway from our room down to the bath...

we had a double bed with beautiful linens and one chair in the room plus a wash basin...nice art work and tons of silk...bed was a built-in affair...

the meals were fantastic...drinks as you want them and as often as you want...

sitting on the bow in a lounge chair with a cool drink in your hand and floating past the major hotels of bkk was fantastic...

in the evening you tie up at a wat where dinner is served....in the morning before breakfast you make merit with the head monk at the wat and then return to the ship for breakfast which was delicious...

then you sail on to the summer palace where you are free to walk around---queen elizabeth had just left the day before we got there...from there we took a long tail boat to a floating restaurant...we were then transported to ayuthhia (sp)....we visited a wat near the summer palace on an island and you had to take a little lift across the water....lots of young novice monks at this wat...

after AY we took a limo back to bkk...

fabulous experience...i think we paid about $700 and the marriott let us keep our room at the hotel for free so we did not have to pack up everything...

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:27 PM

eric deserves a nite out!!!
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:50 PM

Laurie-- the rate on their website is way under $2000 for two nights. I think it was around $1300 for the two nights in a double room including everything.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

When I went to their web site a few hours ago, it said $2000 per night with a minimum of two nights. That's way more than we want to spend (or can afford!) Even $1300 for two nights, which is much more reasonable, is about the same as two nights at the Amanjiwo, which I'm rethinking. I have to choose between spending that kind of money for 2 nights, or, a 37 inch widescreen LCD HDTV that I've been lusting after. The TV is winning ;-)