Maldives Travel Report

Nov 30th, 2017, 01:29 AM
Original Poster

Maldives Travel Report

Hi,

The Maldives has always been known for expensive holidays spent at opulent, luxurious private-island resorts. However, a change to government regulations in 2009 opened the Maldives to independent, budget travel.

The numerous coral islands with their white-sand beaches, fringing house reefs and abundant marine life are the big draw-cards. This combined with very reasonable travel costs, bargain airfares from Asian low cost carriers (Air Asia from Malaysia & Thailand and Scoot from Singapore), a low crime-rate, a highly organised, hassle-free travel environment and the warm, friendly, welcoming Maldivians makes the Maldives a pleasant travel destination.

Maafushi is the centre of the independent travel scene and is developing rapidly. Other islands are also coming online with guest houses opening to travelers.

I've recently published a Maldives Travel Guide on taste2travel.com with detailed information on the country and my trip, which includes information on both deluxe resort travel and independent budget travel.

You can access the guide here:

http://www.taste2travel.com/maldives-travel-guide/

If you require any additional information, please contact me.

Regards,

Darren Mclean
www.taste2travel.com
Dec 2nd, 2017, 08:57 PM

Thanks

Search this Thread