Good Travel Magazine

Search

Good Travel Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Travel Magazine

My son is selling magazine subscriptions for his school band. What travel magazines do you read and recommend? Why? We are more interested in family travel, within the US, moderate budget. Thanks
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 04:09 PM

I think "Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel" magazine might be just what you're looking for. It's all about making travel affordable and it includes information for the US and abroad. For a little sample, go to msnbc.com and then go into the travel sight. They are partnered with Frommers and you can see some of the articles that are used in the magazine.
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 05:42 PM

Aloha Richbutnot,

I enjoy Caribbean Travel & Islands...
some great informative articles!
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 08:47 AM

It's not actually a travel magazine, but "Country Discoveries" is a mag I encountered at my library a year ago that tells of a lot of offbeat places & events in smaller towns and cities. There are no advertisements in it, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought all available back-issues.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 08:50 AM

Another vote for Frommer's Budget Travel. It highlights interesting travel destinations at prices the average family can afford. I just subscribed, and eagerly await each edition!

Another of my fave travel magazines, though perhaps not as geared toward family travel, is the National Geographic Travel magazine - great in-depth coverage on fascinating destinations.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 09:18 AM
E

I used to get National Geographic Traveler, before I pared down my magazine subscriptions (waaay too many), and I liked it because it highlighted lots of places I wouldn't have known to visit. And while it didn't emohasize budget travel exactly, it didn't focus exclusively on luxury travel, either.