Luggage Storage at new BKK airport

Old Dec 17th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luggage Storage at new BKK airport

In the past we have used the luggage storage facility at the old BKK airport. Does anyone know if there is such a facility at the new one?
Old Dec 17th, 2006, 05:41 PM

I don't think you can have a transportation terminal without a left luggage service. There are two left luggage counters at the new airport. Both are on level two (arrivals). One is near international arrivals and the other near domestic.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 06:40 AM

Michael, do you know how safe and how large these lockers are? I will have a very heavy rolling dufflebag with medical equipment in it (not a huge bag, but very heavy) and would love not to have to drag it over to the Novatel for one night when I just have to come back and catch my flight to Siem Reap a few hours later. Did you find these lockers to be large enough and secure enough that I could risk leaving my bag there for about 8 hours overnight?
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 07:27 AM

Although I haven't seen it at the new airport yet, I am sure it is the same as at the old airport - it is not lockers, it is a room where the luggage is stored. You go to the counter, show your passport, sign a form and they give you a receipt to show when you pick it up. We have never had any problems.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 08:53 AM

Craig or Michael- any idea how long I would have to wait to pick up my bag if I left it in that room? What do they tend to charge and would they take American $$? Can you leave luggage there around midnight then have to wait long say at 7AM to retrieve it?
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 09:06 AM

Wait! I may have just found my answers. I googled Bangkok Airport and found a website I hadn't noticed before with info on where the storage rooms are and what they charge- BUT, no mention of hours open!! I assume this is tne NEW airport although they never say it is, its a website by Aiports of Thailand Public Company Limited?? They also mentioned the Day rooms and said that you could make a reservation which I may try to do tonight and hope someone speaks English! Wish me luck
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 09:39 AM

We left luggage and retreived it a week later. I think the service is called Chubb, and we just paid with credit card.

The one we used is in between check in counters P and Q, along the far wall (away from vehicle drop off area).

I think it was about $7. We were arriving/departing mid-day, so I don't know the hours.

We had a friend try to use the day rooms. You definitely need to make reservations. He was not able to get into the showers because he had no reservation.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM

Thanks lovesadventure- no access to showers?? So these are shared bathrooms?? I was under the impression that they were separate little motel rooms with private baths. I sure as heck will not share a shower but is it that he could only get a room without a private shower? I was thinking of calling them tonight and hoping to speak to someone who speaks English.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Cookie, the left luggage counters have always been open 24 hours, so I expect that is true at teh new airport as well. It has never taken us long to pick up luggage - may be 10 minutes, max.

The day rooms at most airport don't have private showers for each room.