Notices

London

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London

I'm Amy from Malaysia. Me & my family (2 adults & a 7-year old child) are planning a 10 days vacation to London sometime in Nov-06. THis time, we are planning to stay in an apartment and we are stuck on how to rent one for such a short period. Can anyone help?

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:16 PM

Received 32 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to post this on the Europe board - where you're going, rather than where you're from. Good luck!
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:43 AM

E and E Apartments has short term rentals in Pimlico. They're very good.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 06:41 AM

Amy, yes you need to post on Europe board but this was also worthwhile.
We have traveled from Thailand twice to Europe, though not Britain as the costs were so high for accommodation etc. We are not 'rich' but we are reasonably well off and certainly not poor, but accommodation costs are in a different league, just be sure you appreciate costs involved.
Make sure you are aware of the costs of accommodation and transport. We have done Turkey, Greece, Croatia, Switzerland and Spain, Croatia was cheapest followed by Spain then Greece. However these were still expensive for us.
I would look at Malaysia Airlines packags with accommodation, tranposrt cards and tours included. Normaly I would never think of packages but it could be a lot cheaper.
We though about Italy last year but had to forget it totaly, I asked on the Europe board but I was obviously not realising the costs, not just accommodation but meals etc. Some suggested place like very low budget hostels and other very cheap style accommodation but that's not our stytle of travel, so we didn't bother.
When we have done Australia we find the prices are just fine, accommodation, food, taxis, tours etc, in many cases on-par with SEA.
Just be sure to find out what sort of costs to expect in Europe.