Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?

Old Nov 30th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling to Thailand in early April and would really love to have an authentic and minimal touristy influenced thai experience on one of Thailand's beautiful southern islands! I have been looking into Ko Phi Phi and was wondering if that would get me the experience I am looking for? I would love to venture to Maya Bay and am wondering what the best form of transportation would be from Ko Phi Phi Don to Ko Phi Phi Lee? I am also a bit concerned about the weather and am wondering if I will be able to escape the rain while on the Phi Phi islands in early April? I am willing to look into any other Islands to travel to as well and would really appreciate any other recommendations that could lead me towards an authentic trip! Thanks!
Old Dec 1st, 2015, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to have an "authentic and minimal touristy influenced thai experience on one of Thailand's beautiful southern islands" you need to cross PhiPhi off your list. April is really not a great time for the beaches on the Andaman Sea as it is heading into rainy season.

BTW, you have three threads going - you would likely get better responses from just one thread so that people can respond to all of your concerns. Just info for the next time you a planning a trip.