KLIA

Old Jul 24th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLIA

I want to stay at the airport in KL for one night in January. I have visited KL before and don't feel I need to stay in the city and I also have a flight at 11am. I don't want to have to get up too early!
I have two queries. Are there many hotels near the airport and if so which would you recommend. The Pan-Pacific is very expensive.
I will arrive early afternoon and would quite like to see a bit of the area accessible from the airport. Can I get to Seremban and Sri Menanti by public transport? or alternately, Klang and Pulau Ketam? Do I have the time to do this?
Thank you.
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

ttt.
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM

pan pacific has many discount programs incl on with air asia
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 05:57 PM

After the Pan Pacific, which is right at the airport, the Concorde is the closest hotel. It's right at the edge of the airport complex.

If I were staying in that area, I would probably visit Putrajaya. On the few glimpses I've had of it, it looks amazing, with lots of post-modern architecture and grand public spaces. There are a number of hotels now in Putrajaya itself, so it would also be an alternative place to stay. You could get to the airport in 15 minutes or so from there.
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stayed at the Concorde a few years ago. Not luxurious, but quite comfortable. I took the train into KL for the evening.
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 05:06 AM

I just came through the LCCT today, and it reminded me that the Tune Hotel is another option. I take it as long as you know what you're getting into, they're not bad. I think Offwego stayed here last year and said it was okay. Tune is right next to the LCCT and there's a free shuttle from the main terminal. There's an amazing array of food options in the LCCT now.
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM

Tune hotel ^

+1. We stayed there overnight for an early flight out next morning. Good value, clean, fabulous bed and shower. Towels and air-con on hire (extras), reasonable rates. Use the shuttle service from the LCCT.

Note Tune Hotel is run by the same group of Air Asia, so booking is thru their website. All of their locally owned hotels are called Tune, so be careful which one you are booking! You need the Tune LCCT.
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 06:12 AM

A lot of the Tune hotels are on Agoda, where the 'shower kit' (eg soap & towel) and A/C are included in the booking price.

Also, I was in error earlier. The shuttle from KLIA to the LCCT is not free. It's now up to RM 2.50 (still less than $1).