Kanchanaburi. Erawan Falls. Worth it ?

Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Kanchanaburi. Erawan Falls. Worth it ?

Dear you all.
I will have a day tour with the guide Tong on january departing from BKK to visit Floating Market, Royal Articraft, Kanchanaburi , Tiger Temple and Erawan Falls.
She told me that to visit Erawan Falls we should skip some atractions during the way.
We are not interest in elephant ride (we will do it in Chiang Mai), not even in Monkey feed (we will do it in Bali), snake farms and while in Kanchanaburi just cross the bridge, visit the cementery, take some pictures and maybe ride on a boat, we dont want to ride on a train, then visit Erawan Falls (65 Km longer).
Do you think we should skip Erawan Falls and enjoy more things during the way ?
And how are the falls on january ?
Which atractions do you suggest ?
For those who had a Tongs tour, which places she stoped on during the way ?
Thanks in advance
Fernando
Brasil
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:32 PM

Erawan falls is beautiful and a great place to go for a swim. I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, I also paid a visit to Sai Yok Noi waterfalls and found it to be just as nice. At Erawan Falls you will pay 400 baht to visit the falls. it was worth it for me because I also visited Prathat Caves near the falls and it is in the same national park so the fee covered both visits.

Sai Yok Noi falls are free and closer to the Tiger Temple so you may be able to do that instead of Erawan Falls.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:18 PM

Your proposed day trip is not achievable! At least not if you want to really experience any of your selected sites,all in one day. I have done the train ride and certainly would do it again. Really brings home, the true feeling of what happened here. Floating Market and Kanchanaburi is enough for one day,-----in my opinion! Erawan Falls-----yes very nice but------
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 05:49 PM

to the top for ferlui