Jomtien question

May 30th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Jomtien question

Was thinking of staying in Jomtien Beach instead of Pattaya and I keep finding Nirvan Boutique Suites at incredibly low rates. It looks lovely...is it new? Any comments about this hotel? Many thanks
Mystic
PS...if it nice I wouldn't mind saving a few dollars and stay here
May 30th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Sorry that should have been Nirvana also just saw the Jomtien Thani Pattaya that also has very low rates. Are these both new hotels?
We would like to stay out of the "city" and wouldn't mind saving money if these are new and reputable.
Thanks again
Mystic
May 30th, 2005, 05:28 AM

Great! Jomtien beach getting the fame it deserves!

Mystic, Nirvana is fine and very good value rates start I think from around USD 35 to 45, just don't expect too luxy and they are fine. Short stroll to the beach, not glamerous/tropical area as very built up but for the price they are good value. No pool or anything though.

A lot of people visiting Pattaya stay in Jomtien, it's a 'little bit' Fort Lauderdale if that makes any sense whatsoever, lots of high rise, majority are Thai visitors down from bangkok, they have their flashy condos all along the Jomtien Coast. You can find local restaurants, convenience shops etc, and getting into Pattaya is a breeze, the Songthaews ( covered pick-ups with seats ) just go one after another along the main road to/from Pattaya 24 hrs a day, just hop in the back on one at the street. The beach isn't brilliant but as I always say, 90 minutes on expressway 'all the way' into Jomtien , cheap accommodation, cheap shopping, cheap drinks and food, lots to do, can't be bad! Actually for a good swim take the Songthaew 5 minutes to Pattaya Water Park, masses of swimways and terraces, very large place, you can relax by the pools/fountains and swimways and then also wander on the beach, Costs B 100 ( USD 2.50 ) for the day ( they stamp your hand when you go out if you want to come back ). Underwaterworld, Parasail off Pattaya Tower, all good fun. Don't miss the show at Alangkarn Extravaganza Show, sounds, dance lights, elephants on stage....

http://www.alangkarnthailand.com/main.htm
May 30th, 2005, 05:40 AM

Take a look at this link, lots of Jomtien Places, if you want not so built up take a look at the Pinnacle resort, if you want flashy boutique style place Rabbit Resort, this is a great place !! but it is about the most expensive, forget Sugar Hut, way inland, too far from the beach, Jomtiem Palm resort worth a look, the Jomtien Palace if you want high rise place, the Chalet wing best, unless you like being high up, the Jomtien Thani showing it's age, been around a while.
There is always Ambassador City, claims to be the world's largest resort at around 4,500 rooms or maybe more now.

The Rabbit calls itself Dongtan beach but it's Jomtien in fact, I think you'd like it!, here are the pics, but it 'is' expensive compared with the roughly USD 40 range for most Jomtien hotels.

http://www.r24.org/beachsiam.com/pat...bbit/pictures/

This gives you the long Pattaya list, look for Jomtien in the middle, note the Rabbit 'is' Jomtien Beach, Dongtan is just local name for that little section of the beach:

http://www.r24.org/beachsiam.com/pattaya/hotels/
May 30th, 2005, 05:44 AM

"90 minutes on expressway" refered to 90 minutes from Bangkok, much of it is an elevated expressway for miles and miles, then dips down to dual highway right into Pattaya and Jomtien areas. When ( oh when !?) the new airport opens this area will be around 50 minutes at a fast run from the new airport to the Palm trees and beach!
May 30th, 2005, 05:51 AM

I really should have read your words..sorry..just to clarify Nirvana are what you could term 'serviced apartments', not a hotel, so no pool or anything, the pictures show it rather more glamerous than it really is but again having said that for the price it's a bargain, but don't expect belling for room service!! For that you need one of the main hotels I mentioned which are high rises, but Pinnacle ( there are 2 ) are low rise, and Rabbit is Thai natural style, a lot of people get real surprised at the Rabbit that is is a little haven in an otherwise built up area.
If you wanted to go just beyond main Jomtien there is Sunset Village, this is more rustic on the beach, but I think if you can manage the price the Rabbit USD 70-250, standard high rise the Jomtien Palace, from about USD 23 twin with breakfast, chalets 25-35, or Nirvana if you want budget serviced astudio/apartment style.
May 31st, 2005, 01:48 AM

pattaya----NO!!!!!!!!!!

e mail to follow
May 31st, 2005, 02:31 AM

pattaya and jomtian are way diffrent.. not that jonetian is a picture of peradise but it's OK for that 90 minute car ride or 2 hour local bus ride down as james says..

lets put it this way. not too many thai tourists would set foot in pattaya..
May 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much James for all the info. If we must go I am sure it will be Jomtiem. My husband knows some people that stay in Jomtiem for the winter and would like to see what is attracting them. I know it's cheap for Europeans and maybe that is why they go. Also, Orgy thanks..makes it also sound like Jomtiem sounds ok. We will not stay in Pattaya. Got an email from Bob and even though he is in his favorite chain he truly hates it there.
I have already booked everything else and have these 3 days where we will need a break and just relax by the pool. We figured Jomtiem..but now I will look further. We do not want to fly again as we are flying to Singapore and also to Saigon.
James..I would not enjoy Nirvana Suites..I need a nice pool.
Once again ty everyone for your help
Mystic
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:15 AM

i've softened on pattaya after a day...went to jotiem today and think it might be good for you to relax in...make sure you are near the beach...