Itinerary Advice

Sep 29th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary Advice

Hi!
We just booked tickets to India in March. We're using miles and are flying in and out of Delhi.
We arrive on a Monday in March and will be there 11 nights.

The only things that we have to do are Agra (we really want to see the Taj Mahal) and Bangalore (need to visit my aunt).

Given that these two cities are pretty far from each other, how would you structure an itineray? What other places would you visit?

This is my 5th time to India, my husband's first. However, I've only been to visit my family in the South. I can't wait to really see the country.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM

i think i would spend a couple of days in delhi, then go to agra over nite or for two nites and then fly to bang.....i personally am spending two nites in agra so i can see the taj both in the early morning lite and in the early evening lite as reports are that it is totally different.....we have a car and driver for our entire trip which we have arranged through a delhi agent...

bonita is a great source of info too on this subject...she may chime in to assist you
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Thanx for the grand intro Bob!

Well, since you have never seen any of the North, i would probably sugggest a good intro tour of some of the highlights of the region, and then of course, fly to/from Bangalore via Delhi perhaps for the last few nights.

So much depends on how much time of your 11 nights you can use for your explorations, before the family reunion in Bangalore.

With 7/8 days i would probably say by all means start with a intro to the region, via a exploration of the golden triange of Delhi, Jaipur, Agra. u can do it via private/car and driver, a train too can be used en route too.,

If u DO NOT MIND moving at a fairly quick pace and are open to a domestic flight or two, u might choose to inlcude more of Rajasthan. some options would be Udaipur or Jodphur. Then at the end of your Rajasthan jounrey, in/out of Bangalore.

Another route u can do would be this, Delhi, JAIPUR, Agra, KHAJURAHO, Varanasi, which can be down using a combo of car/diver, train, and a flight and u can do this route in about 8/9 days again at a fast tempo..this trip would give u a wonderful introduction to the North region and include a visit to quite a few States such as Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh..

so that is some food for thought. So much depends on what u want to see, what are your interests, how much travel u want to do, and at what pace.

Take care, Namaste, and feel free to drop me a line for some more info. Happy to help! [email protected]
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

thank you both for your advice! i would love to spend most of this trip in the north since i've never seen that. i am definitely open to flying within the country.
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:03 AM

What date do you fly into India? The 4th of March is Holi Festival. It wouldbe interesting to build that into your prgoramme. A place like Mandawa would eb interesting to spend Holi in.
Oct 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

We don't arrive until the 12th so unfortunately we will miss that.
Dec 16th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Based on your advice and some research, I have come up with the following itinerary.
Monday - arrive in Delhi
Tuesday - Delhi
Wednesday - Delhi
Thursday - Agra
Friday - Jaipur
Saturday - Jaipur
Sunday - fly to Udaipur
Monday - Udaipur
Tuesday - fly to Bangalore
Wednesday - Bangalore
Thursday - Bangalore
Friday fly to Delhi from Bangalore and depart for the States

2 questions -

Is it cutting it too close to fly from Bangalore to Delhi the day that we depart for the states (the flight is technically on Saturday - it's after midnight)?

How does the itinerary look? We have to go to Bangalore and we will do day trips from there.

Thanks!

Dec 28th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

topping.
Dec 29th, 2006, 12:54 PM

Hi there -
Your itinerray looks perfect . spending the right time in tight places . Its good not to get in too many places for then yu cant really enjoy yur trip .
I think yu shud be okey to fly from Bangalore to Deli on last day - yu have got enuf time to cover for any delays .
Make sure yu book the flights in advance esp jaipur - udaipur sector
Enjoy yur trip
cheers

Jan 1st, 2007, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tim! We're getting really excited