Is Bali considered a budget-friendly or expensive destination?/

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2024, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm a 31-year-old solo traveler dealing with genuine financial concerns. I've been dreaming of visiting Bali, but I'm not sure if it's within my budget. Can anyone share their experiences and tips on whether Bali is a feasible destination for someone like me who's trying to keep costs down? Thanks in advance for your insights!
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 04:15 PM

You can stay in a luxury hotel and you can stay in an inexpensive room in someone's house.
Expensive or inexpensive depends on where you live.
And where in Bali you choose to visit.
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 06:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
There are budget accommodations of all kinds, not just rooms in homes. I generally fall into the budget travel category & have stayed in Bali in inexpensive hotels twice & rented a small house twice. It even came with a maid/cook. The airfare will be by far your greatest expense & it should be simple after that to keep to a very reasonable budget. It’s a wonderful place to spend some time so stay as long as you possibly can.

Old Apr 30th, 2024, 01:59 AM

It depends – you can find options for all budget (for example, you can cook & buy food in a local market or warungs or you can eat everyday in restaurants). There a lot of people right now, so yes that's true that it's not easy to find cheap options where to stay. But you can check local groups in Facebook or other social media + I really recommend to visit On Bali website – there are a lot of travel tips & hotel reviews, that may be helpful to you.
Old Apr 30th, 2024, 02:10 AM

Hi,

Bali falls into budget, mid, and luxury destinations, and it all depending in which part of Bali you will be staying.

Kuta often gets a reputation as a budget area due to many budget hostels and hotels in the area, but there are also upscale hotels.

Seminyak and Nusa Dua are often dubbed as the luxury areas because of many five-star resorts and hotels, beach clubs, and fancy restaurants are in those areas.

Ubud is somehow in the middle, while Canggu is an area for you if you're into partying scene and digital nomads. Sanur is known as the family area because there aren't many big beach clubs or clubs in general, that's why it caters more to family with kids or elderly.
Old Apr 30th, 2024, 05:01 AM

Yes, of course in my post I intended to state that there are all types. I gave two examples on opposite poles of the price spectrum.
One can stay in a luxury hotel and open can stay in a private room in someone's house.

And one can stay in myriad accommodations between those two extremes.

I have not been to Bali since the 80s when I made quite a few visits; we often stayed at bungalows on the beach (outdoor toilet) for about $5 US a night. (Just like the ones we used to go to on Koh Samui)
Do these types of places still exist? (Simple rattan walls, beds with netting; cold water mandi??). If so, what would someone have to pay nowadays, more or less??
Old May 2nd, 2024, 07:07 PM

Bali can be both affordable and costly, depending on how you plan your vacation. Bali offers a variety of options to suit different budgets. So, you can easily enjoy your vacation while being under budget. Here are a few tips for your vacation:
  • Accommodations: There are many different kinds of accommodation available in Bali, ranging from expensive hotels to affordable hostels. To save money, consider booking a stay at a guesthouse, homestay, or hostel.
  • Food: Local warungs, small restaurants, and street food vendors provide inexpensive food choices without compromising on taste.
  • Transportation: Consider renting a scooter or ride-sharing apps while traveling to Bali. Some other Budget-friendly options include public transportation such as buses and bemos ( local minibusses).
  • Activities: You may enjoy a lot of Bali's attractions, like rice terraces, temples, and beaches, for nothing at all. Search for discounts on
    activities like surfing lessons or organized trips.
Bali is surely a vacation that you can afford if you prepare ahead and make smart choices. Just keep in mind to spend your money wisely. Have an amazing vacation!!!
Old May 15th, 2024, 08:57 PM

Bali is a destination that has a wide range of budgets, making it both budget-friendly and expensive depending on your preferences and travel style. Here are some key points to consider:

Budget-Friendly Aspects
  1. Look for budget-friendly hotels, you can find decent places to stay.
  2. Try street food vendors, who provide delicious and affordable meals.
  3. Renting a scooter is a better way to explore Bali.