Internet Cafe Near Peninsula, Bangkok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just reading on another post that the Penn charges 400 Baht/hour to go on line in its business center. Anyone know if there is an internet cafe conveniently located nearby with reasonably high speed access?
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM

business centers in all the hotels are expensive.....for instance the marriott charges 195 B for 15 minutes (that's 800 B per hour)....i take a 3 minute walk down the street to an internet place and it costs 25 B for 15 minutes or less, and is just as fast...

standard internet fees on the street is about 50 B per 15 minutes...

there are tons of internet sites around the city, just keep an eye out for them...

not sure if there is one around the penn area...never used it....you may have to go across the river....ask the doorman and he might tell you or ask the conceige....or ask at a shop out on the street near the hotel...

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 07:01 AM

Craig, across the river, on the main street past the river (New Road) there are many internet cafes. I remember once paying 1 baht a minute! I'm sure it's more now, but the prices are very reasonable and they do have broadband.
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 08:08 AM

I was the one who wrote about that. The problem for me was it was usually later at night, near the end of the day and I didn't feel like leaving the hotel again.

There is nothing near the Peninsula - you'd have to take the boat across.
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 11:39 AM

Well, we stayed at the Pen 4 years ago and also found the hotel internet rates to be way too high.

Go out the "front" of the hotel (away from the river) and walk out to the main street. Turn left and walk down the street about 1/2 a block. At the time, there was an internet place there that was about 30 baht per hour.

Also highly recommend the little restaurant across from the entrance with cart out front with the hanging ducks. Two cokes, two orders duck with rice was about $2.50.
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 12:24 PM

I am pretty sure the Pen offers free internet access in all rooms as part of the rate. Of course, this would require you having a laptop...
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 09:04 PM

If we are just doing an email and fodor check then we just go across to Robinsons other side of the river. They have free internet in the Stationery department (top floor) - usually 3 computers - sometimes you have to wait a couple of minutes if its busy but not often. Then we go down to the supermarket underneath the store and pick up the tonics for the G & T's cause I don't like paying silly minibar prices either!!!!