Indian railway trip

Mar 12th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Indian railway trip

Hi Guys!
I have plans to visit India on this autumn and I love travel long distance with train instead of plane. Is there anybody who has experience with Kerala Express? Any suggestion?
Mar 12th, 2019, 02:22 PM

I have ridden a number of Indian trains, both day and night, but not that specific one. I broke my trips up into shorter segments. What do you want to know about Indian trains? Your question is far too vague.

You can find probably all you need to know here: https://www.seat61.com/India.htm
Mar 16th, 2019, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

I know seat61.com, it is very good website with many useful information and I used it in case of other countries, but these come from one traveler and from one point. I am interested in more experience from other travelers. For example how is it safe or get some pro and vica versa argument regarding this long train ride.
Mar 17th, 2019, 11:34 AM

I m a solo female traveler and I felt safe on the trains. I did carry a cable lock so I could lock my bigger bag under the seats, and I did wear my money belt at all times. However, things have become less safe for women in India since my last trip.

My longest train trip in India was Varanasi to Amritsar, but that was only one overnight. I did get a bit bored on that trip. I would not spend more than one night on a train these days, as I would want a shower.
Mar 18th, 2019, 01:27 AM

To really get to grips and come to terms with rail travel in any Asian country, you need to be there and experience it....that's when all the senses take over and need to be experienced.

And travel in the same Class as the 'real people', that's where you'll enjoy the real authentic travel.
Mar 19th, 2019, 09:36 PM

Thanks for suggesting seat61 website