Ibrik in the city

Search

Ibrik in the city

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ibrik in the city

Has anyone stayed in Ibrik Resort in the city?
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 05:16 AM

there are a couple of people who have. Do a search and you should be able to find their reports.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 07:13 AM

i think the word resort is misleading...it is a small hotel
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM

atam: There are 2 Ibriks now. The original is called "Ibrik by the River" and some people on this board, including me, have stayed there and liked it. They recently opened a new place called "Ibrik in the City" and I think it's by the Blue Elephant restaurant and cooking school. I don't know of anyone who has stayed at this new place.

Yes, the word resort is misleading. It's a small house. Only 3 rooms at each place. It's more like an inn.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

I am interested in staying in the new Ibrik Resort in the city. It is really close to the Skytrain station & just opened in May, 05. Knowing that the Ibrik by the river is pretty good, so want to try the new one in the city.
By the way, did you book the room directly from the hotel or using other discount agencies?
Thanks all for your quick reply!
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 06:08 PM

I booked directly. If you can, please do post a report back about your stay. I'm curious to know about this place.
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 11:24 AM

I would also appreciate any opinions on the new Ibrik in the City. I'm trying to decide between the Emerald Room there or one of the rooms (I think the Lemongrass) at the Old Bangkok Inn. Has anyone stayed at either?
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 10:51 AM

Any reports on Ibrik in the City? Location looks great.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM

I stayed at The Ibrik Resort in the City in February 2006. I find this little white house resort is very convenient to the traveller. It is just 3 minutes (120 foot steps from the skytrain station Suarak.

It is very convenient to travel from Suarak Station to other stations with main shopping centre (eg Siam, National Stadium... on the same route). Recommend to buy a Skytrain ticket at Baht 250 (riding 10 times within 31 days). It worths!

On Saturday morning 8am, I took skytrain from Suarak station to Mo Chit station (20-25 mins, costs only Baht 40. The taxi station on the airport direction is just at the right side of station Mo Chit.

From Mo Chit to the airport terminal 2(12 mins, costs around Baht 105 only). Not necessary to hire taxi service counter at the airport as it costs you Baht 650.

Besides, the resort is renovated neatly and quite a Thail Style. The evening room keeper Charlie is always helpful to give advice to the guest. More important, I am surprisely to find his good english speaking in such a petite resort. The other room keeper lady in the day time could only speaks and listens english a little bit.

However, if you want to try 2 different style of bed rooms, please make sure to get their email writing reconfirmation of the specific rooms requested at the specific date when making the reservation, otherwise, they would ignore your request by not reading your request in full details.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:31 PM

It is certainly a neat and tidy small resort. The room is big enough if you are a pairs of couple with 2 little kids. Their decoration is a bit Thail style. Certainly a good recommendation to the traveller. No swimming pool. I believe the Ibrik by the River has an excellent view of riverside too. Will try next time.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM

If you want to see some picture try this site. Click on right hand side http://www.laperlenoire.ch/bkk/ibrikcity.htm
It is not in english but french.

Old Feb 13th, 2006, 07:16 AM

My husband and I stayed here and at the Old Bangkok Inn in late-January, and I've been meaning to post for a while. While the Old Bangkok is great (wonderful and personalized service, they gave great recommendations on what to do/ restaurants/ shopping; beautiful, but small rooms), the Ibrik in the City is AMAZING! We were in the Ruby room, perhaps the largest and nicest room we've ever stayed anywhere and, with the Skytrain steps away, incredibly convenient. We were 1 stop to the River (use the boats like taxis to travel up toward Banglampoo/ Wats/ Chinatown, etc), and only a couple stops to just about any shopping/ eating you'd ever want to do. The breakfasts are delicious and the staff is incredibly friendly. And because there are only 3 rooms, you really feel like it's your own little oasis. Also, there's a great tented street stall food area about a block away - we had food there that was better than at most NYC restaurants. I still crave it. One word of caution - don't plan to rely on cabs if you're staying here. The main street is very busy and traffic near here is bad (but the inn in situated about a block off the main street and is very quiet). Give yourself lots of time to get to-from the airport if you're arriving during rush hour.
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Thanks for these recent reports. I've been wanting to try Ibrik in the City. Sounds like a good location. I liked Ibrik on the River and thought it was really charming, so now I'd like to try this new property next time.