Anyone been to the new Sundara Spa in WI?

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:37 AM
mag
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone been to the new Sundara Spa in WI?

I'm just wondering how nice it is and what the suites are like. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Just where in WI is it?
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 08:00 AM

I haven't been there but have made reservations to stay there on May 11th. I too am wondering if it's nice. One thing it has going for it is that it's new, so it must be very clean!
Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:44 AM

This spa is in central Wisconsin in Wisconsin Dells.

http://www.sundaraspa.com/index.php
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 08:14 PM

I visited for the day just after it opened. It is away from the Dells madness and very attractive. Rooms are lovely, but be aware that half of them (the cheaper ones) don't have tubs, only nifty showers. I found the personnel a little clueless and the salon treatments were mediocre. They had a very limited lunch menu but I think it has been expanded. It'shard to say how this place will do - if they can find really really good help that match their prices.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 09:03 AM

Since I posted, I have been. I thought is was peaceful and nice. We did have one of the nicer rooms. I agree that the treatments weren't desirable. I had four while I was there... hoping that the next would be better. I was quite disappointed. I would, however, return for the room, breakfast( which was amazing), and the steamrooms and pool. All of which were incredible.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:37 PM

An update on my last posting...

I just returned from an overnight stay at Sundara - it was much improved since my first day visit in April. My room, a Shanta suite, was absolutely lovely, one of the best rooms at a spa I have had the good fortune to stay in. Other than the awkward placement of a small TV and no good reading light, I have no complaints at all - and I want that bed and those sheets!

I didn't have any meals there, but the menu has indeed expanded to include a number of breakfast and lunch selections and some snacks. They still don't serve dinner, so you have to brave the Dells for that meal (or bring your own, as I did).

I had a much better experience in the salon and got a good manicure and pedicure - and a good value too.

All in all, I found Sundara a very good value for what I got - and really the only luxury stay spa in the upper midwest. I will defintely return.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 11:49 AM

Message: hey have you heard of dunns river falls in our garden parish St. Anns Bay, Well Jamaica is great this summer white sand beaches, reggae shows beautiful nightlife and great food. see for yourself at http://comingtojamaica.com and expedia will do the rest. you'll be glad you came

[email protected]

Old Aug 25th, 2003, 05:54 PM
k

spent 2 days and 1 night at Sundara a couple weeks ago. The rooms are MAGNIFICENT. Bedding and beds you can melt in. Located in the dells but way off the beaten path, you'd never know you were in the dells. Stayed with a friend on the "girlfriend package" Food, Bfst and lunch were supurb. delicious, healthy and creative. Pedicure was not memorable, massage excellent and facial good. Infinity pool is gorgeous, all hotel rooms have a view of nothing but nature and the pool. Fun, restful and relaxing but prices are up there. We especially liked the bath ritual and comfy robes.