Hotels in Siem Reap

Search

Hotels in Siem Reap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Siem Reap

Deciding between Prince d'Angkor and Angkoriana - any advice? Thanks!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 08:11 PM
WSL

Yes. Stay at the FCC instead (the Foreign Correspondents Club); absolutely delightful, small hotel. If you book through a local guide, you will save a lot of $$$. Try Ponheary: [email protected]. Good luck.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM

WSL:
Did you by chance see the Prince d'Angkor Hotel? Just interested as Ponheary has booked it for us in Feb '06. Thanks for any fresh info.
Aloha!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 09:23 AM

Hello,
We just came back from our honeymoon in Thailand and Siem Riep, and we stayed at the Prince D'Angkor. We chose this hotel after having the cab driver take us around to about 4 different hotels, including the Angkoriana. All I remember about the Angkoriana is that the lobby was dark and depressing, and though we saw the rooms, it obviously didn't make an impression on me.

We were very happy with the Prince. We got a deluxe room with a balcony facing the pool for $95 US. Our room was clean, bright and airy, and most importantly for me, the bathroom was large and well-lit. Large, impressive lobby and pool area also. I did notice little things like there were gum wrappers on the ground in the elevator that sat there for days without getting picked up, and how worn and dirty some of the rugs in the lobby had already gotten after only 6 months of business. The lack of upkeep is ok now since everything's so new, but makes me afraid to think of what the hotel will become in a few years. Otherwise, everything else about the place was perfect! Hope this helps!

-eva
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 10:56 AM

eva:
Thanks for the info...just what I was looking for.
Aloha!