Bankok Air - Book in Advance?

Old Jul 21st, 2005, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bankok Air - Book in Advance?

I will be traveling round trip between Boston and Samui in mid August. Is there any advantage to buying tickets in advance from the US (online)? Is it similar to the US in that prices will increase if you purchase very close to the travel date or do prices pretty much remain the same? Thanks.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Make that Bangkok Air
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 03:19 PM

prices pretty much remain the same.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 04:01 PM

While the price will remain the same (unless there is a general price increase), there are two reasons you might want to book in advance.

1. If you are going at high season, flights fill up.

2. If you are flying three or more segments with Bangkok Air, the Discovery pass will save you money and must be purchased outside of Thailand.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 06:34 PM

Kathie's point re flts filling up is spot on. Bkk air flies small planes and everyone wants the same flts eg the 9 Am/10 AM ones as opposed to the early morning 7 AM one. If you are comp flexible on time and date then you can wing it. Aug is not busy season and you will get a seat, just may not be on the time you wanted. I assume from your heading that u are only concerned re you Bkk-Samui transfers.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 07:11 PM

james...first of all i too am from the boston area....we would love to have you come to the fodors get together on oct 15 in cambridge at the hotel @ MIT on sidney street, just off mass avenue...lots of asia board people will be there.....12:30PM ...let me know if you are [email protected]

bob

bkk air....it is very easy to buy tickets on line...from time to time bkk air has small sales where you might save $20-30 r.t. or so...
i would buy my tickets in advance on their site and i always do with thailand flights....i just did their air pass to laos and from koh chang to bkk...it worked great...

you will love samui...where are you staying?? if you want to rent a car, go outside your hotel and rent one at a travel agency to save money....

the cliff is a great restaurant for you to try south of chaewang bch on the main road and also the five islands restaurant near to the meredien hotel on the far side of the island