Hotels in Hanoi

Search

Hotels in Hanoi

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Hanoi

Hi! I will be in Hanoi at the end of December and am trying to find a nice, comfortable hotel. Price range $55-$100 per night for two. We want to be well located, quiet room. We have heard about Elegance 3, but i am concerned about the possibility of them giving away our room as TripAdvisor suggests might happen. Any recs? Thank you!
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Hi Miss Viv,

Thanglong Opera hotel, Kingly hotel,
and Elegence 3 hotel would be fine hotels. Rate around 55 - 60usd net per room per night

Have fun
Smartguides
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 05:38 AM

Smartguides, no advertising allowed in the forum.

Old Aug 14th, 2008, 05:39 AM

MissViv, end of December will be high season and hotels are more expensive. I loved the DeSyloia, but I don't think you can get it for that price in December.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM

We stayed at Hanoi Elegance 3 in February (just before Tet) - the hotel was quite newly opened then, and we found it to be good. I can't comment on room giving away though - but maybe things weren't made clear to the staff/ people say they will return and don't. Its hard to say, but the room itself was fine and the location is quite good.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 01:20 AM

Hi,
check with salute majesty hotel in the old quarter and centre of Hanoi.
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 09:52 AM

I know the perfect place in the Old Quarter - The Gia thinh Hotel has 2 star prices with 4 star qualities. I stayed there this past Spring, and I've booked again for next year. The food and staff are the best, the rooms very pleasant/nice furn with in-room computer. You'll really like this place and the location is the most convenient place - a brewpub just up Ma May St. Hotel at the intersection of Hang Bac and Ma May. I paid $35. for a superior room. Do not book the standard room - no view at all.
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM

I had the same concerns about Hanoi Elegance 2 where we stayed end of June. We paid $75 for a lovely junior suite on a high floor with balcony. (I recommend requesting a high floor.)
I booked 8 months in advance and wrote to them diligently every month reminding them I was coming and that I really did not want to be sent to another hotel or room due to overbooking. In my case, all was fine -- our exact requested room was ready for us and we really enjoyed our time there.
I think they are requiring deposits now, which should lessen the chances of your room being given away.
this small boutique "chain" is known for their customer service, and really go out of their way to make the customers happy.
Write and tell them your concerns, arrange to send a deposit, and you are likely to be welcomed by them as promised. I did not see the HE 3, but really liked the HE 2.
Keep in mind, these are 3-star hotels, even with the rave reviews they get.