"Hotel Travel" dot com reputable?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning to travel to Hong Kong next Spring.

I found this site called HotelTravel, the price is really good. Has anyone used them before and are there any problems?

Unlike many hotel booking sites, this one says that they don't charge the room payment until "shortly before arrival or during the stay", and there is no cancellation fee if you cancel 21 days prior to arrival
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 08:22 AM

I booked 2 hotels through HotelTravel about a month ago for our upcoming Dec trip (for HK and Siem Reap). They were very responsive and to-date, as indicated on their website, the charges have not shown up on my credit card. Charges are not expected to be put on until about 3 weeks prior to your stay. They also sent hotel vouchers promptly after booking and even before payment! As well, after I booked, I had to make some minor change requests which they took care of immediately.

Let's cross our fingers these hotel vouchers will be valid when I check in
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

I really like their website, especially with their "Live Chat" so you can ash an agent on-line.

The agent said that the entire room cost is charged at or after the Due Time, which is 2 weeks (not 3 weeks) prior to arrival date. Prior to this Due Date, there is no charge for change or cancellation.

I am not too worried about this agency, because when I went to the Stanford Hillview Hotel (Hong Kong) website and made a direct enquiry about the room rate, the hotel replied through HotelTravel.com - so I assume that Stanford Hillview Hotel would not use HotelTravel.com as their booking agent if the agency has too much problem.

But I do want to hear about feedback, from people who have actually used them.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 09:22 AM

I have used a couple of times over the last 4 years, and never had any problems with them. I have booked hotels with in Thailand and Bali. They have a great and informative website and the service has been outstanding, they respond quick, I have each time had my voucher within 24 hours. I have booked hotel with them now again for my upcomming trip to Singapore in November. And at last, I have yet to see a website with better rates than what hoteltravel can offer.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the assurance.

They do seem to have good rate (their website did sy "guaranteed lowest rate&quot, and I am surprised to hear that you (jpam) used them rather than Sawadee.com or r24.org for Thailand hotel, because I saw in this chat room that almost everyone uses Sawadee or r24 (?) - so it means that the HotelTravel.com price must be at least comparable/similar.

Thanks again.