Reload this Page >

asiatravel.com

Search

asiatravel.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:52 PM
patricia

asiatravel.com

Has anyone booked accommadations through www.asiatravel.com? I am planning a trip to Bali and I've found amazing deals with asiatravel.com Any advice or experiences using asiatravel.com to pass on?<BR>thank you,<BR>patricia

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Sheldon

I booked a trip to Port Dickson last year and it was okay. The thing about Asiatravel is making sure you read the FINE PRINT. most of the time the rates are for a select group of people. For example, the rates for our trip to Australia were strictly for NON-Australians. Also, they have a tendency to ask for your credit card number pretty early-on in the correspondence. After giving them the CC number, they came back a few days later saying that the hotel i booked was full! Just be careful, i think this applies to any Online travel agent... Hope you have a great holiday!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:28 PM
patricia

Thanks for the advice. At least AsiaTravel contacted you,letting you know the hotel was booked so you could go with an alternate plan. Was your credit card charged before arrival or at departure?<BR>thanks again.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 12:28 PM
pjr

I booked three hotels for our up coming trip to Thailand through asiatravel.com. They seemed to be very accomodating. I asked to change two of the reservations because they ran a special after I booked, and had no problem. Always got back to me the very next morning.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Michael From New York

I used asiatravel.com when I traveled in Malaysia and Bali in Oct/Nov 2000.<BR><BR>They booked two hotels for me in Bali, one in Langkawi, and one in Penang. I had no problems at all with either the bookings or the hotels. In fact in Penang, at the Parkroyal I received an upgrade.<BR><BR>I recall that each of the asiatravel agents that I worked with, handled my e-mail inquiries first, gave me the prices and availability within 24 hours, and only asked for a CC # after I accepted. And I was able to transmit the CC# via fax even though I worked with them by email. You can also work with them by phone if you choose to.<BR><BR>Remember that there are two aspects that are most important - and in my view - reliability is the most important. The other is price. <BR><BR>I am able to give asiatravel.com a very favorable recommendation.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Alison

I used asiatravel.com to book a room in Manila about three years ago. I was a little leary about giving my CC# and therefore called them. Now they have an 866 number in the US and other local numbers elsewhere to make it easier. Everything was fine, just be sure to ask for a non-smoking room!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:20 AM
mike wilson

asiatravel majorly screwed up a booking i made in HK last year. since then i've tried a few other sites and quite like quickhotelrooms.com.