Discount internet hotel sites

Aug 13th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Casey

Discount internet hotel sites

Hi,
I am planning a vacation to Paris and London this fall.
Where can I find the best on line discounts for hotels?
(I don't want budget hotels, but nice hotels, cheaper!)
Thank you!

Aug 13th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Love

hoteldiscount.com

Aug 13th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Casey

Hi, Thank you.
Does anyone know if I am better off booking now, or waiting and trying last minute sites?
(I am trying to go Thanksgiving week, if that might make a difference.)

Aug 13th, 2002, 08:02 PM
XXX

Have you tried booking directly with the hotel? Sometimes those internet booking sites contain "fine print" and may require either a prepayment or a cancellation fee charge.

Aug 13th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Love

Casey, hoteldiscount.com is a prepaid service. IMHO it's worth every penny. I've booked with them twice last year for my Europe trip and am also booked for an upcoming trip to Hong Kong. I never had problem with them, and it's one of the few that you could actually cancel if needed for a charge of $25.00. I believe you could cancel up to 72 hours before. Anyway, the savings makes this site very attractive. I have a HK 5* hotel booked in September, still their high season for $100 per night inclusive of all the charges and taxes. That's outstanding.
They also have a rebate offer running, one depending on the number of nights booked, up to $100 rebate, and the second one, is a MasterCard rebate of $25.00 if you use a MC for reservation.
Personally I like this outfit and highly recommend them Some people do have a problem with prepaid reservation, but in this case I don't, because you know exzctly what you getting before booking, unlike Priceline.

Aug 13th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Remy

Had a problem with hoteldiscounts.com, the hotel didn't have my reservation on file. Luckily rooms were available but at a higher rate. I eventually got a refund but it was a hassle nevertheless.

Aug 14th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Anna

You could always try Priceline Europe. You can find out what people have got for their bids at www.biddingfortravel.com .

Aug 14th, 2002, 05:45 AM
ajs

Casey, here's what I did:

Go to laterooms.com, and enter some dates a week or two away. See what hotels there are (there will be many). Choose from among those hotels, and get the best deal you can wherever you find it for your REAL travel dates. Then keep checking back near your trip, and see if they are offering a deal for your dates. If they are, the hotel will honor the new rate. Took my room in London from 150 to 110 GBP per night, inc. of VAT for a four-star suite, and that was the end of July which is high season. Worked like a charm. Good luck.

Aug 14th, 2002, 05:54 AM
bettyk

Casey, for London, try www.londontown.com. I used this booking service for our trip in May. Got a great deal on the 4* Rubens Hotel, but they usually have good deals on a number of the larger 3, 4 and 5* hotels as well as smaller, luxury hotels. We had no problem with them at all. And, they tell you up front that you must cancel your reservation 48 hours prior to arrival thru the londontown website to avoid being charged.

I would start looking now to get a feel for prices. If you see something that looks really good, then book it (as long as there is no cancellation fee). You can always check laterooms.com prior to your trip to see if the prices have dropped.

Aug 14th, 2002, 07:57 AM
jim

Had huge with hoteldiscounts on several occasions, basically being given the worst rooms in the hotel, in the basement, behind the elevators, next to the plant room.

Cheap rooms but you get what you pay for!!

Aug 14th, 2002, 06:37 PM
casey

Does everyone agree that you get what you pay for?
I do believe that it works that way on most things in life....
Just thinking that there might be some travel secrets out there that I wasn't aware of!
Thanks for any help.

Aug 14th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Casey

topping

Aug 14th, 2002, 10:26 PM
Sandy

Have gotten some very good rates for the fall from Asia Travel (asiatravel.com) and GTA - (gtahotels.com). Haven't taken trip yet, but rates beat any I've seen anywhere else. Both are large travel agencies.

Aug 16th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Mary

For London I got a fabulous rate from www.bhrc.co.uk. They responded really quickly and I got exactly what I paid for. I also found that www.uk.laterooms.com had some good deals.