Hotel room for 4 people in Tokyo

Sep 27th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Original Poster

Hotel room for 4 people in Tokyo

Can anyone help me? I need a hotel room for a couple and 2 teenagers in Tokyo. I've been searching but could get only triple rooms. Probably I will need a Japanese style room, but even this room type I could get only prices for 3 people. I prefer non expensive hotels like Toyoko inn ones.
Thanks in advance!
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:41 AM

Unfortunately, most places, especially like Toyoko Inns and other business hotels, do not have rooms that will accommodate 4 people. The rooms just are not big enough.

You can either reserve two rooms at a place like Toyoko, APA Hotels or Tokyu, where the rates per room are under $100.00/night (note that at this type of Japanese chain, the best rates are internet rates offered by the hotel's site, only in Japanese). Or, you can choose a nicer grade of hotel and call and see how they can accommodate. The nicer the hotel, the harder they will try to get you into one room like you want. Even the best hotels, though, either have one double bed or two twin beds in them.

The Japanese room is always an option. Many websites do not list the Japanese rooms or suites online as they are special. Even the Hiltons, you've got to call them to get information about their special rooms.

Your best bet might be to pick where you want to stay and call, e-mail or fax them.
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:32 AM
emd

If you get an executive 2 bedroom at the Mansions of Roppogni, it has two quenn beds and a sleeper sofa, aside from alot of other space. Higher rates, but not as high as you would expect for what you get (kitchen, LR, dining rm, den, two bedrooms, washer dryer)
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:10 PM

I 2nd the Mansions @ Roppongi. Very nice large rooms and reasonably priced.
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:30 PM

That's something I didn't think of for this poster...it would be a very good idea to check into a serviced apartment type of place like the Mansions.
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the comments !

I saw the Mansions at Roppongi website and it seems to be wonderful, but the price... The 2B Executive unit costs 45000yen per day ! And if I take 2 twin rooms at Toyoko inn it will be 18500yen.
Is that correct?
Could I get better prices for Mansions at Ropppongi or that is the price?
KimJapan, do you know any other serviced apartment more simple than that Mansion?

Thank you!
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:43 PM

Prices sound about right. Toyoko should be able to be booked cheaper, but likely only in Jpaanese, like I mentioned before. You could also try other chains, like APA, Tokyu, Washinton, Sunroute...lots of business hotels.

I'm not familiar with really any serviced apartments, as when we go to Tokyo we stay in Hiltons...points, points, points...and the Hilton properties are very nice in Japan, far nicer than any US Hilton I've ever stayed in. Anyway, you could try a search on "serviced apartments Tokyo" in Google or Yahoo and get lots of results.

I would still recommend choosing the hotel you want and phoning/faxing/e-mailing them with your needs.

Sep 28th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Original Poster

Kim, Iīd like to ask you what do you mean exactly with Toyoko inn reservation in Japanese. Is there another site instead of www.toyoko-inn.com? I can read a little Japanese, and in that site we can choose Japanese or English but the contents and the prices are the same, arenīt they?
Thank you!
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:48 AM

I'm not talking strictly about Toyoko Inns...but in my experience checking rates and making reservations at places like Toyoko, Tokyu, APA...busness class hotels...the rates that come up on the hotel's Japanese language web page are often far better than the rates that come up in English. I haven't actually recommended Toyoku Inns before, as the one in Kanazawa isn't to my liking, though they've built a new one this summer that I haven't been inside yet that will surely be better. So, maybe Toyoko Inns are actually playing fair and posting the same rates...but not all of them play fair. It's something to be aware of when the English rate is 30,000/night and the Japanese language internet special for the same room is 8,000/yen night with breakfast included. Sometimes a cheaper rate can be negotiated by phone or e-mail...you are getting two rooms because of your kids...do they offer a discount for families? Some places do. Worth asking.
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Kim.
Have you ever been in Toyoko Inn Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi? They have a good discount in Winter, from 8,800 to 6,800.
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM

You can book the 2 bedroom suite at the Mansions @ Roppongi from asiahotels.com for US$341/night and it includes tax. Thats about 38,600 Y.
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:55 AM

If you use internet explorer as your browser you can go to the japanese website page and right click on that japanese language page...pick "translate this page into english" from the menu that will appear and most of the page if not all of it will be translated to english.
Aloha!
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:04 PM

We've not been to Hokkaido...though it is on our very long list of places to go.
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Kim, deptrai.
Deptrai, is it safe to book by asiahotels.com? The price is attractive!
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:36 PM
tcd

you may try this website. Hope it can help... http://www.precisionreservations.com/default.aspx
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:48 PM
mjs

The Westin Ebisu has rooms with two double beds.
Terrific hotel with large rooms for Tokyo, with typical american size. Worked ok for two adults and two teenaged girls. Cost last I looked was about Y28500/night. Might have specials for Starwood members or on web site. Quality similar to many Ritz, 4S, etc.
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:10 PM

I've used asiahotels.com 4 or 5 times without any problems at all.