hong kong hotels

Sep 13th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

hong kong hotels

hello,

My friends and I are visiting Hong Kong for 4 days and would like to visit the sights during the day, and spend the nights in Lang Kwai Fong and SoHo, partying it up!

BUT, we'd rather not pay the expensive hotel rates, so we were thinking of staying in Causeway bay.
Do you think they're too far away? I mean, what time do the subways stop running and is a taxi from Central to Causeway bay rediculously expensive?

thanks guys
Asatira
Sep 13th, 2005, 09:02 AM

MTR (the subway) stops running at around 1am. Lots of taxis around the city. From Central to Causeway Bay is cheap - under US$10 for sure.

What kind of hotel rates are you seeing? If you can pay up to $120+tax/fees, you may try bidding 5* West Hong Kong Island on Priceline. Plenty of bids for the JW Marriott at that rate.
Sep 13th, 2005, 09:15 PM

I like Causeway Bay - the Octopus is handy by, cabs to Central are relatively cheap. Causeway Bay if a safe and interesting area with a with variety of shops, food stuffs, people watching, etc.

I've stayed in Central and Kowloon as well, but much prefer Causeway Bay and stay there a couple of times a year.
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

sorry for the delay in replying...internet headaches

was that a US dollar quote bryant?

I'm looking into hostels in Causeway right now. I'm travelling with 2 other people and they don't want to pay too much, although I think 120/night is fine for 2 ppl and an extra bed.

thanks guys!
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone heard of Wang Fat Hostel in Causeway?

Sep 19th, 2005, 07:43 AM

For US$120/room a night, you can do a lot better than Wang Fat. Lots of real hotel to choose from.
Sep 19th, 2005, 09:27 PM

I didn't quote any prices, but rkkwan is right - for $120 US a night you can do far better than a hostel!

The only times when I see hotel rates get high in Hong Kong is during major trade fairs which tend to push the room rate up.
Sep 20th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

oh I think it was 120 hong kong dollars / night. so about 15US/night.