Hong Kong Disneyland

Search

Hong Kong Disneyland

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hong Kong Disneyland

We have enjoyed visiting Disneyland in Florida and we are wondering about visiting Hong Kong Disneyland. What do you think? ( we are seniors and we do not speak or read Chinese)
Thank you in advance for any replies.
Jackie and Tom from Canada
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Skip it. It's very small and can be covered in a half a day. Not worth the cost and trouble.

Age and language are non-issues.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 07:53 AM

Why not a trip to HK (skip Disney) and other China cities?
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM

There are SO many other really interesting things to do in Hong Kong, and you have already been to Disney. The HK version is only the Magic Kingdom and a few other rides; I can't imagine why anyone who has already been to the one in Florida would spend any time going to the one in Hong Kong. If you want a list of things to do, click on my name above, and look for a post called " Reccos for What the Locals Do for Fun in Hong Kong (Hint: We DON’T Go to those Awful Night Markets....)" That should keep you busy for a while....
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 12:27 AM

A visit to Ocean Park would be better. After visiting Disneyland elsewhere, the HK one would be a big let down.
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Mintocres--if you are really into Disney you might want to go to the one in Hong Kong. My husband and I went in May 2006, and we enjoyed the experience. My husband is really into Disney, and it was a must see for him.

The Hong Kong park is smaller with fewer things to do. Remember it has taken many years for Disney World and Disneyland to develop into their current sizes.

Language is not a problem at all. Hong Kong was a British colony until a few years ago, so many people speak English. While we were there a young oriental boy came up to me and asked for help, he looked Chinese but didn't speak Chinese and needed someone that could speak English to help him.

We had heard stories about the crowds, so we purchased our tickets a day early at Central. Turned out there were very few people there the day we went, and we walked right up to the attractions.

Some friends did go to Hong Kong on a busy day, and it took them all day to do everything. They used to work at Disney World and really enjoyed their visit.

So Disneyland Hong Kong isn't the same as Disney World by a long shot, but it is very interesting experience if you are not expecting it to be Disney World.

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:30 AM

Hi All,

If you are planning for a trip to Hong Kong DisneyLand.
this may be waht you need :-
http://disneychapter.blogspot.com/

Hope it help you in your planning .
Enjoy your trip.