Search

Hoian Riverside resort or Victoria Hoi An

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
SuY
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoian Riverside resort or Victoria Hoi An

Has anyone stayed at these hotels? Am going to be there for 3 days andwondered which to stay at. Room recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 05:29 AM

Not sure when you are going so I apologize if this is too late. We have stayed at the Riverside Resort two years in a row - we love it and the people that work there. It is clean, in a beautiful setting on the river, a nice pool area, great rooms and yummy food at the restaurant for bkfst/dinner.

We walked to the Victoria Hoi An and while it is nice being on the beach, it didn't have the same laid back feeling to it - was much bigger and more commerical feeling. It is also further out of town. Nothing wrong with that, we just like the quiet, intimacy of the Riverside Resort.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:45 AM

butch....what time of year were you there??
we have a week planned for VN in october so havent made set plans because of possible weather issues.
how did you book your room, can we walk up or are advance booking recommended?
and approx cost??
thanks in advance
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Divediva,

We were there in Mar both times and both times we booked directly through their website and got a pretty good deal. I cannot remember what the rates were - somewhere around $90 USD for a room on the river and with a delicious breakfast.

Good luck and have fun.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM

I know it's not one of the hotels you've mentioned, but take a look at the Hoi An Hotel. It's within easy walking distance of the river, and an easy bike ride from the beach. The facilities are excellent and the staff are friendly end helpful. Whatever else you do you must visit the market.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 09:05 AM

We stayed at the Victoria, and while I agree it's a bit large, it was nice to be right on the beach. The rooms were very spacious and comforable, and they have a complimentary van into town several times a day. I have read many favorable reports on the Riverside, though.