Reload this Page >

help w/thailand beach resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:59 AM
david

Trying to decide where to go next January. Plan on spending 5 nts at a beach..Andaman side because of the weather that time of year. Basically looking for luxury accomodations, scenic beach. I was able to get a great deal on a deluxe pavilion at Rayavadee w/private pool but have concerns about the beach there-although beautiful, i've heard it can be crowded and that because it's in a nat'l park, no umbrellas or chaise lounges are allowed.<BR>Other options are Amanpuri (can only afford lowest cost room..not sure if i want to do that), Pimalai (looks like nice resort but beach dosn't look spectacular), Phi Phi Island Village (nice setting but a step down in luxury from the above). Any opinions or other suggestions? thanks<BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:17 AM
david

any opinions?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:38 AM
kriemann

I can't tell you anything about the other resorts you mentioned except Phi Phi Island village.<BR>For all the resorts in PP, this one is THE best you can get.<BR>I stayed there in Feb-March this year, and it was wonderful.<BR>All the bungalows are separate and the beach is very wide.<BR>The food was great and the service was too. For the price (we payed about 85$ a nt.) you can't beat it.<BR>It is also secluded away from the other resorts on the island...so it's not the crowded Thailand beach you normally see.<BR>The landscaping was impressive and the rooms are very nice.<BR>Ok ...you have expensive taste like me when it comes to choosing vacation resorts , but for Thailand (3 weeks) I had to compromise. Thats why I chose PP island village. <BR>You're right,PP island is not luxury by the standards of the other resorts you mentioned.<BR>If luxury standards are what you really want, then stick to one of the other resorts.<BR>A good site for all info on practically every hotel/resort in thailand is Sawadee.com Good luck!<BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 11:56 AM
david

thanks for your help

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:43 AM
david

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Hanuman

Try Maiton Island Resort. Check their web site and see if it's what you're looking for. www.maitonisland.com

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:12 AM
david

look nice, anyone been there?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:22 AM
david

ttt

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Julia

Domestic flight costs have apparently risen a great deal. I've been quoted US$130-160 return Bangkok to Phuket or Koh Samui respectively, per person. As out kids are in their teens an extra $600 is a huge amount. Can anyone suggest about these beaches that are driving distance from Bangkok and how they compare with the likes of Phuket or Kao Samui?

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:58 AM
david

any other opinions?

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Colin

If I had a choice I wouldn't hesitate to go to the Rayavadee resort. <BR><BR>Both Phranang and Railay beach are very crowded, but the other beach Nam Mao is almost exclusively used by Rayavadee guests, despite being a public beach.<BR><BR>The best thing going for the resort is its spectacular location. Truly unbeleivable !<BR><BR><BR>My on-line travelogue & photos<BR>Bangkok, Chiang Rai, Krabi, Phi Phi<BR>http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~fos007/fb2b.htm

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:20 AM
david

thanks for your help

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Colin

Julia,<BR><BR>If you travel a bit further past Pattaya, past Rayong, and to Ban Phe, (a journey of little over 3 hours by coach) you can catch a boat (40 minutes trip) to Ko Samet. This is an increasingly popular destination!<BR><BR>If you're looking however for more traditional resort locations then I guess you're looking at Hua Hin, Cha Am as a beach resort nearer Bangkok, and of course seedy Pattaya!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:49 AM
david

ttt