Search

Help RE: tokyo+ surrounding areas in 5 days

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2004, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help RE: tokyo+ surrounding areas in 5 days

Hello all,

I am planning an impromptu honeymoon jaunt off to tokyo and I am looking for some suggestions for what to do on a five day trip. Should I stay in Tokyo or should we visit nearby attractions?

Also of note is that I am active duty military and we are staying in the New Sanno hotel near the Roppongi district for an extraordinarily reasonable rate. WE are willing to travel over night to other cities but that would force us to stay at a more expensive hotel. We would prefer to find enough to do in Tokyo and related day-trips than to travel elsewhere in Japan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 04:23 PM

with only five days in tokyo, you could take a couple of day trips to nikko, hakone, or kamakura. spend the rest touring tokyo. there is a travel desk in the hotel, and they have loads of tours that they can book for you.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 04:30 PM

We just spent 4 nights in Tokyo and wondered the same thing before leaving. I wish we'd had more time in Tokyo. I took a great article I'd found on day trips out of Tokyo (if you're interested I'll try to scare it up) and then wondered how we could have considered going elsewhere! Think of it as New York or London. Get a couple of good guide books and take things at a relaxed pace- it's your honeymoon!!
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM

I'll be spending 6 days in Tokyo in April. I'd love to see the article about day trips as I have been to Tokyo before and am looking for new things to see.
Contact me at susiesan at planetkc.com

Susie
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:48 AM

We found there are many things to do in Tokyo even apart from "big city" things that you would never be bored. Try the book "Little Adventures in Tokyo". We especially enjoyed the Asakusa neighborhood where we stayed and its temple, the Edo Tokyo museum, and Ueno Park. Its easy to get all over Tokyo by subway. There are many other great ideas in that book. Enjoy planning your honeymoon!
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:03 AM

I would love to read the article, thanks. [email protected]
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:48 AM

Bonjour jdough03,

Congratulation for your marriage. On top of Little Adventures in Tokyo, I recommend "Tokyo for Free" by Susan Pompian (Kodansha): enough to keep you busy for weeks.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:17 AM
japanovice

Hi welch,
I too would love a copy of that article if possible. Will be in Tokyo for the first time this April. Thanks!
Japanovice
[email protected]