help- airline problem!

Aug 12th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

help- airline problem!

I'll be arriving in BKK on 10/8. I want to travel to Beijing and Hanoi. I tried Thai Airlines, found a reasonable airfare ($1080 PP). However, when I called to reserve the ticket I couldn't, as the ticket had to be picked up in Bangkok within 3 days. I don't know anyone there, and therefore missed out on this fare. I'm not comfortable just waiting until I arrive in BKK and making my air reservations then, as I want to lock in my Beijing and Hanoi hotels now.
Any suggestions for travel agents or other airlines, or a way to get around this??
thanks
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention that we're not eligible for some airpasses, as we're flying to BKK on frequent flyer miles.
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:06 PM

i have used eddie at sea tour in bkk....he did all my inter asian flights in may and june of this year for a very good price...he sent me a proposal on the internet...i sent him my credit card...he delivered the tickets to my bkk hotel the day after i arrived...they are an american express agency...there is no sur charge for credit card usage...

e-mail him: [email protected]
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:08 PM

are you quoting $1080 per person bkk-vietnam-bkk?? if so that is outrageous...should only be a couple of hundred dollars...i did that route on air france a couple of years ago for maybe $300 r.t. each...
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:31 PM

if you use sea tours and want the lowest price. here is a hint if they say thai air. say I want something cheeper. I went too the offices last week (near my apartment)... the offices are really nice. and I asked for a cheep tick too singapore the lady gave me a quote that i knew was way too high since I used www.bangkoktickets.com and other consolidator sites to check prices.. I said do you have anything cheeper. then she got up walked over too another desk and had too dust off the file with the REAL DEALS.. then she gave me the quote for an Finn air ticket which I new existed. but for some destination thai will sometimes be the cheepest.

what the heck are you paying $1080 first class.

just quickly checking last weeks bangkok post. I see thai is offering Bkk-beijing-bkk. for 12.500 B. about. $300 per person and flight too vietnam from bkk range aournd $200. and you can find packages for about $300

right now should be fine for looking for consolidated tickets

I think the air france flight is done I've been looking for it but only find it old un updated sites.

another site too check out prices quickly ..

www.mandalatravel.co.th
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:42 PM

That's right, Air France have pulled that BKK-HAN sector, so it's Thai or Vietnam Airlines, worth noting though that Lufthansa go to HCMC 3 x week witth good fares, but for Hanoi it's Thai or Vietnam Airlines.

Just to concur with what orgy said about the 'file', just make sure they know you want a cheap deal and they are fine and will tell you what's on offer.
Aug 13th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your responses. I will be contacting consolidators today, and 'eddie' in bangkok.
RHKKMH: my interest wasn't just flying to hanoi, which I know is around $268, it was beijing and hanoi.
I'll let you know what I work out.
Thanks.