Thai Air Question

Search

Thai Air Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thai Air Question

I was wondering how far ahead do you need to book flights within thailand on thai air. I wanted to book mine now but on their site under their rules I found this odd statement, "To ensure you obtain the ticket(s) at the quoted fare(s), they must be purchased in the country of departure."
I am not using them for my international flight, so this made me wonder if they would hike up the fare unexpectedly on my intra-thailand flights. So should I wait to book them when I get there?
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:29 AM

Never read the disclaimer.

We booked incountry travel several months in advance. E-tickets are issued immediately.

Paid by CC. Quoted rates did not change, but there were several changes in schedules. They email notifications of the latter.

TA used a 3rd party receiver in 2005 and the charges did not appear for several months. Since reservations are not guaranteed until paid for, I wrote them regarding the charges. Turned out that the charges had been approved, but not posted. So the etickets were valid.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM

Hmm, I understood the quote "To ensure ..." to be the equivalent of "Buy now!".
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM

I bought our domestic Thai Air tickets from Japan, with a US credit card, on their website. e-tickets were immediately issued and e-mailed to me. I printed the e-mail and used that to check in. No problems at all. We bought tickets in late October for flights in December/January. We were too late for discounts on all but one leg. The earlier the better I think.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM

I don't know anything about Thai Air, but let me throw my 2 cents in about Bankok Airlines. They are fabulous. Very efficient, not expensive. They offer delicious meals on every flight. Their lounges are great; they provide free food and drinks and internet access with their computers. Check out their web site and see if you can take advantage of their discounted package.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:11 AM

Thia Air have very good leg room on their planes but the video screens cannot be seen from many of their seats unlee you are over 6 foot tall.

Bankok air are very good.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:17 AM

I always book Thai air flights in BKK, and usually the day before I plan to travel. There is no increase in price for waiting until the last minute. I have yet to be told that I cannot get on the flight I want because of it being booked solid. I always fly in royal exec class (business/first) for the extra $25+- it's worth it.
Carol