golf at Hua Hin

Oct 5th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

golf at Hua Hin

Can anyone provide some information on golf in Hua Hin. I am staying at Sofitel and will need to rent clubs. Staying 3 days during week
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:35 PM

Hua Hin has some good golf courses and here is the info for my favorite courses.

Lake View: 3 courses, 27 holes - course A and B are traditional type courses and course C, the most challenging IMO, has a desert theme("Arizona" type).

Springfield: A nicely kept Jack Nicolas design 18 holes course. Probably has the nicest upkeep out of all the courses.

Majestic & Palm Hills: Upkeep and starter control need improvement for these two courses.

Railway or Royal Hua Hin: It depend on the time of year but the grass here are dieing from a lack of water. Fairway condition leave a lot to be desire. The biggest plus for this course is that it's in town.

To sum up - the best two courses are the Lake View and Springfield. Club rentals in term of good quality clubs are probably the best at these two courses.

Oct 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM

Can add nothing to Hanumans reply except that mid week is far easier to get green times than at weekends.
Oct 6th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

Should I wait to get a tee time when I arrive or make one ahead of time (via email)?
Oct 6th, 2005, 06:33 PM

If you plan to play on the weekend then I would do some early tee time booking. If you plan to play on a weekday then there's no need to do an early booking.

FYI - The early morning(6.30 - 8.00 am) and the noon time(12.00 - 1.00 pm) tee off time are the most popular.
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM

You can search on Yahoo for local Golf agents but here is one to get you going:

http://www.huahingolf.com/htmlfile/index2.htm