Reload this Page >

What's your favorite golf course?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 11:32 AM
x

For a Friday afternoon/weekend debate, how about recommendations for your favorite golf course within the continental U.S.? Golf course designer?

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 11:42 AM
xxx

Got to play Pinehurst #2 a couple of weeks before the US Open was played there. Unbeleivable.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Robert

Robert Trent Jones

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 01:24 PM
ramjet

For years I played at East Lake Golf Course in Atlanta, home of Bobby Jones. This was before Tom Cousins completely renovated the golf course. In the 80's the course had become rundown, membership was at a all time low and it was literally falling apart.(I remember visiting the top floor of clubhouse, used to have fancy ballroom dances but was used for storage. It was eerie.) But playing the course still evoked memories of an era gone by. Some of the best golf I have ever experienced was at the course. I miss it. Recently had the wonderful opportunity to play on the magnificant updating of the course and it is unbelievable. The Tour Championship will be here in Nov. Only wish I could afford the membership now! I'll never forget those days walking nine in the evening and playing 18 on the weekend. What a golf course in the true sense of the word!

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 01:31 PM
kal

Alohaaaaa,
Why "continental US only"? ;-D

OK....Scandia?

Mahalo,
Kal
ps...
65 mo' days until P'ville courses, Poipu, Kiahuna, Wailua, Kukuilono, and Lagoons/Kiele

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 01:35 PM
old orch

whoa.....best course all-around shinecock..pebble beach for the scenic experience...pine valley for privacy (along with cypress point)..bethpage black for difficulty. great question would love a debate on any and all my choices.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 05:49 PM
John

Hey "old Orch":

You played Pine Valley? The place where they have denied Presidents!!, Hmmmm!
My favorite course is whichever course that I am on next!
JOHN

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 06:37 AM
oldorch

john
hmmm....at the halfway house there is a display of autographed golf balls by presidents and celebrity's who also played the course. you won't find my autographed golf ball there though.i was just lucky enough to be invited along as a guest (and fortunately i wasn't denied)