Goa or N. India in June?

Apr 17th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Julie

Goa or N. India in June?

I'm planning a 7-day trip to India in June and am debating whether or not to deal with the heat & do the Golden Triangle (Delhi/Agra/Jaipur) or go to Goa for a relaxing beach holiday. What is the weather like in Goa in June?
Many thanks,
Julie

Apr 18th, 2002, 06:38 PM
steve

1st-have you been to India yes or no
if no then you should definately do the Triangle, but if youve been before go to goa it has nice beaches.........my best advice would be to extend your trip to as long as possible do like 6-7 at the Triangle and like 6 in goa

Apr 19th, 2002, 10:39 AM
frances

Doesn't the monsoon start in Goa in June?I understand that the period of the monsoon can be quite lovely as every day there is very heavy rain for a couple of hours and then when it stops the temperature is beautiful.People from Mumbai and cities further north go to Goa for the monsoon to escape the stifling and oppressive heat at home.
However in the run up to the monsoon Goa is very hot and sticky and unpleasant.
My daughter has been there since Christmas and she is leaving on the 31st May to try and escape the worst of the weather. She says now that it is too hot.

Apr 19th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Ram

My experience of Delhi/Agra in June is one of too much heat and sweat. Granted June is the beginning of monsoon in Goa, but the torrent of rains start in late June/early July. My vote would be for a stay in a nice beach hotel in Goa strictly because of the time of the year.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:49 AM
Julie

This is my first trip to India and I'm restricted to these dates. I feel that I should do the triangle, but am worried about the heat. I've done Egypt in September and Thailand in July, so hot destinations are not usually worrisome or too unfamiliar to me. Is India in June worse? Do the monsoons usually cause rain all day long in Goa or is there some sunshine to the days?

Apr 26th, 2002, 05:27 PM
vipsha

Pick your poison - the monsoon in Goa or the heat in Delhi.
Try going further North - Nainital, and other hillstations.

Apr 26th, 2002, 05:36 PM
vipsha

Sorry, didn't notice that others had already provided the same info I gave you in my earlier reply.
While the weather is unpredictable in India, you might still be able to catch some sunny days in Goa in June, since it will only be the beginning of the rainy season. July and August are the rainiest months.
I can't bear the heat in Bombay during the winter, and Delhi is MUCH worse during the summer (I'm Indian).

Apr 30th, 2002, 05:33 PM
ram

I haven't been to Egypt in September or Thailand in July, so I couldn't compare those to Delhi in June. I do remember that my family of five was just too uncomfortable in the sweltering heat of Agra and Delhi in June when we visited from the US. Would have been different if we had spent a few weeks in that weather transitioning before we became tourists. With a 7 day window for the triangle, you too will be hard pressed to relax -you'll have to keep moving regardless of the heat. I say Goa is perhaps less risky because you might get lucky and get sunshine atleast part of the time. In any case, the Goa hotels will be comfortable and the relaxing.

May 1st, 2002, 01:32 PM
Suvi

Hi
If it is a must holiday for him, then advisable is to stay in a decent beach hotel in Goa, else avoid the trip till mid september. Taj Holiday Village, Fort Aguada beach resort or Marriott are some of the best hotels.