Face BKK

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Face BKK

We will be in BKK for 5 days in August and have already contacted Ratt and booked her for a couple of days. We are staying at the Marriott on the river and I am now starting to look at possible restaurants.

Is Face a must go recommendation? Do most people go for a massage as well as dinner? I see they have Indian and Thai restaurants, we love both kinds of food, what type of cuisine do they do best? Or should we try another spa for massage and just do Face for dinner?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 08:34 PM

i have a restaurant listing if you are interested, let me know and i will send it:

[email protected]

the thai gets rave reviews mostly...the indian is good but not fantastic...

tongue thai is my favorite at the moment just behind oriental place in back of the oriental hotel..

can't speak to spas...sorry

i did look at the face spa and it looks very nice and gets raves from fodorites.. not cheap, but good ones never are...
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:47 AM

I thought the Thai food was excellent, the Indian food mere very goof. The spa there is lovely. It's more of a Thai experience than the hotel spas which are luxurious but rather expensive.

I don't know what most people do... there are only a few treatment rooms at Face, so you must have a reservations, and certainly not all of the restaurant guests go for spa treatments before or after.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:52 AM

The thai massage we had at the Face spa was the best one we had in 2 weeks (many massages) in SEA. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the food was very good. However, I thought the food was WAY overpriced for BKK, even at a nice place. That said, we would still go back as it was a nice experience. BTW, if you are going out that way on the skytrain, consider combining it with a trip to the Jim Thompson outlet, which is nearby.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 05:27 AM

I had lunch in the thai restaurant at Face and thought it was at best mediocre food with the worst service I've had in Bangkok. I would never return. It is pretty but I would put it on the must miss list rather than the must do list. I know others had similar experiences although we are in the minority on this forum.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 05:58 AM

In February we went to Hazara, the Indian restaurant at Face. Food and service were mediocre and it was way, way overpriced. The atmosphere was nice though. I was thinking about trying Lan Na Thai, the Thai restaurant on our next trip but if it is as overpriced as Hazara, we'll give it a miss.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 06:21 AM

i think i would say overpriced for bkk, but not overpriced by western standards, if you follow my jist...

dinner was maybe $40-50 without wine..

the atmosphere is worth the experience once at nite however...
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 08:57 AM

I would not return to Face- not for me I'm afraid. We did however love Tongue Thai.
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM

We ate lunch 3x at Lan Na Thai restaurant the last time in Bangkok and obviously loved it.

The Indian restaurant is only opened for dinner(I think they said opens at 16:00).

Aloha!