Where is everyone right now ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of curiousity... to those of us on line at the moment - what country are you each in right now ? Also, anyone ever stayed in the Shearton Grande hotel in Sukhumit Bangkok and is it better to locate close to Sukhumit or by the river ?
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 07:03 PM

i am in usa....that sheraton is very nice but in a noisy area, but very convenient area.....i have only used their mens room, which was very nice as is the small lobby...
i prefer the river area....i especially like the bangkok marriott resort and spa and for true lux the peninsula...the pool area at the marriott will make you think you are at krabi or koh samui, when in fact you are in the middle of bangkok...
all the river hotels have boats to the sky train making it easy to get to most parts of the city...
the traffic in front of the sheraton grande is so bad some times that you just sit in a cab and don't move...
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 08:11 PM

I'm also in the USA.

You're always better off staying by the river. I always stay at the Sheraton Royal Orchid. The location is great, every room has a lovely river view. If you want a relatively inexpensive room, stay in the mail part of the hotel (you can always find good deals). If you want luxury, stay in the Towers. You get breakfast, evening drinks and hors d'ouvres and laundry in the price of the room. I like the suites (there are several different kinds) in the Towers.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 02:25 AM

Hi, I am in Perth, Western Australia!!
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 02:50 AM

I'm in Chiangmai, it is 17:49 on the 9th. The temperature is just over 30 and my guess that there will be some rain later this evening.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Hi,
I'm in the uk,and we're having some very hot and sunny weather here in England at the moment.I agree with a previous posting,the riverside marriott hotel is really great.We loved our stay there,great views of the river,beautiful pool area,good food,and very comfy rooms.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 02:12 PM

I'm in Western Canada right now. We too are having a hot summer and wicked thunderstorms. Never been to Bangkok but my friend has been there numerous times and indeed the river locations seem to be preferable.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 06:35 PM

Hi, haven't popped in here in ages - I'm still out here in Melaka, Malaysia! Have been seeing a bit of the country more lately - and returning to Pangkor Laut in September, yay! Also planning to rent a campervan and bomb around New Zealand early next year, and home to Canada for a friend's wedding next June.