Disneyland tokyo

Search

Disneyland tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disneyland tokyo

I am planning a visit to Tokyo with my two kids (4 and 2) this summer for 2 weeks and I would like to go to the disneyland and disneysea. Has anybody been there? Are the shows there is english or japanese? How big are the parks? Could it be done in a day or should I stay in one of the hotels near by? Any info would be helpful.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:27 PM

I would advise you to set aside at least 2 days (1 day for Disneyland & 1 day for Disneysea, especially if you are taking small children. I am planning to go there myself with my husband and 3 yr old son next March (3 days). We went there for 1 day previously and there's a lot of attractions that we didn't try. You can't use your 1 day ticket to access both Disneyland & Disneysea, so it make sense to go for 2 days.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:29 PM

btw, if you don't want to stay at the nearby hotel (which can be a bit expensive - but saves a lot of travelling time), you can opt to stay at their Good Neighbor Hotels which provide free shuttle bus everday...
(we will be staying at Marriot Tokyo for 18,000 yen per room per night)
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 04:19 AM

The signage are in English but Japanese is widely used. Kindly of weird to sit in the jungle cruise and to listen to the commentary in Japanese.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 04:19 AM

Forgotten to mention it's much better than the HK Disneyland.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
tag

I have been to both, in July 2002. Shows are a combination of English and Japanese, but since they generally track Disney films the language isn't much of a factor. You see the shows for the sets, costumes and live interpretation of the story, not for the dialogue. Disneyland is laid out just like Disneyworld in Florida and Disneyland in California, only smaller and more tightly packed. The park limits admission to prevent overfilling, but even so it can get quite crowded on busy days. Disneysea is kind of like a smaller version of EPCOT, but all the attractions are built around the theme of ocean related activites (cruises, canals of Venice, Jules Verne beneath the ocean, etc.) With a 2 and 4 year old you can do whatever you want and they won't care. Spend one day or two and they will get tired and bored eventually. If you really want to do this, then definitley consider staying at the resort so you can take mid day breaks back at the hotel for rest breaks and naps. Or ditch the kids and spend time at the park without them so you can really see the things you want. It can be miserably hot in Tokyo in the summer. You don't say why you are in Tokyo for two weeks or why you want to visit Disney. If you live in North America I would wait until the kids are older and take them to the US resorts.