Cost of multi-entry visa for Vietnam in Canadian

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried for the last 2 weeks to contact the Vietnam Embassy in Ottawa by phone and e-mail without any success or a single reply. Can someone who has recently returned from Vietnam tell me what the cost of a multi-entry visa? Our arrival and departure dates are Feb22 to Mar25 2008. We are planning to take 2 side trips to Cambodia and Laos. Once I know the cost of the visa, I will send it in with a completed application form along with a passort photo. Considering the problems I had in contacting the embassy, can I expect same service from them when processing the visa?

Victor
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM

We are going to be in Vietnam in early February then to Cambodia and back to HCMC. I have been given the price of $ 35 US for a one month multiple entry visa.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM

I paid about $130 AUS 12 months ago for the multiple entry visa.... Can't recall what multiple meant...I thought it was 2 entries, but I could be wrong.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM

I believe it's about 90 US$. You can also just get your visa from Vietnamstay.com. I did. It's cheaper and you don't have to send your passport anywhere.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM

I can vouch for www.vietnamstay.com

I used them throughout Vietnam and they were great. There are many complimentary remarks about them on Fodors if you do a search.
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your response to my question regarding the cost of the multi-entry visa. It seems that the Vietnam embassy in Ottawa is either not answering any calls or e-mails or on vacation. In the meantime, I just finished talking to an agent at The Adventure Travel Company in Toronto and she mentioned that there is an agent in Toronto that makes it part of his business to get visas for travellers with a service charge.

I'll provide an update once I am imformed of the cost and procedure.

Cheers,
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

At last!

I finally got a reply from the Vietnam Embassy in Ottawa regarding a multi-entry visa for one month. Instead of one reply, I ended up getting about four telephone messages from their embassy staff. In summary, a multi-entry visa for a month which is good for 5 weeks is $133.00 Cdn. Based on my experience, if you have any questions for the Vietnam embassy, the best way is to call them and leave a message with your phone number. They will call you back a couple days after in the evening and leave a answer on your answering machine. E-mails sent to them tend to be answered by an automatic reply with general informaiton. Hope this helps future Candina travellers.
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Just wanted to enter a final update on getting a one month multi-entry visa for vietnam which is good for 5 weeks. I sent the completed visa application forms with passport pictures and money order ($133.00/person) by Fedex with a Fedex return envelop enclosed. I expected it to take a few days since I sent it out just before Christmas but instead it only took 1 1/2 days. Great service from the Vietnam embassy in Ottawa once you know the cost of the Visa. It would make life easier for everyone if they could post the cost of the different visas on their website.