Vietnam E-Visa

Search

Vietnam E-Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietnam E-Visa

I have looked into this Vietnamese tourist visa on and off in the last few years, because I was thinking about visiting the country. It is and has been confusing. There are so many middlemen(?) who would like to get you Vietnam visa. They still advertise that there are no WEB Sites we can go directly to request visa other than we send our passport to Vietnam Embassy/Consulate Office. I remember one time the visa costs like $180US.

I got the Vietnamese government visa web site information from this site (www.immigration.gov.vn - thanks to crellston) and received e-Visa in three days.
The question I have now is: Is this e-Visa printed on a paper THE VISA, or do I still have to pay "stamping fee", which I read somewhere, of $25US upon arrival of Vietnam?
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 10:15 AM

Just print off the e visa and take it with you to the immigration desk and present it with your passport. Nothing to pay on arrival and certainly do not join the queue at the booth for those paying the $25 Visa on arrival ( VOA) fee.
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, @crellston.
Old Aug 16th, 2019, 06:03 PM

E visa

ironically, I just got my Visa in the mail today. I applied on line three days ago. It cost $100.
Old Aug 16th, 2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by territravels
ironically, I just got my Visa in the mail today. I applied on line three days ago. It cost $100.
Sorry to hear you paid that much! The rate for an e visa using the official government website is $25 plus a few cents. All done online and printed off rather than sent through the post. If you are not from a country eligible for an evisa, then a Visa on Arrival (VOA) would be the next best and cheapest option.