Chiang Rai Hotel

Jul 15th, 2019, 02:30 AM
Original Poster

Chiang Rai Hotel

Planning to stay a couple of days in Chiang Rai after Chiang Mai (family of 4 with kids 11 and 7).
I saw great reviews for Le Meredian but it seems that there is ongoing construction work at the property. I did a seach and saw what seems like a very nice hotel Le Reverie (old Dusit hotel bought and remodeled by Katathani group). Anybody knows the hotel or the group? They have a family suite and offer free breakfast.
Any other recommendation in the area? Ideally under $200 a night.
Thanks!
PS: for those that helped with Bangkok and Chang Mai thanks again!

Jul 15th, 2019, 06:48 AM

We stayed there many, many years ago on our way back from Laos. It wasn’t that great as a Dusit but clearly that will have no bearing on what it is like now. However, it’s location close to the river is not that convenient for the key sights. I would prefer somewhere closer to downtown. Sorry, I can’t help with specific recs as last time there we stayed at a small Guesthouse , Nam Rai Ou which I doubt has family rooms.
Jul 15th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Crellston. I donít mind the idea of going for a couple of days to a resort type property even if that means being a bit far from the city. That said I want to make sure that it is a nice one. The Meridian was great for me as I am an elite member and have points with them but donít want to deal with construction if it can be avoided.
Jul 19th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

I am staying at the Reverie. Really nice. All new. Family suite is great. Great value for the money.