Cheaper hotels at Bangkok airport

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Mary Anne Cook

Cheaper hotels at Bangkok airport

What are the cheaper places to stay overnight at Bangkok airport?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:23 AM
John G

I recommend the Amari Airport Hotel at BKK. It is very expensive, however, it is connected to the International Terminal via walkway, taking only minutes going from gate to hotel. I think the convenience and the absence of worrying about making your flight (also longer sleeping time) are worth every penny.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Chai

Comfort Suites are about $35 a night, close to airport. Cut and paste the link, hope it helps you.

http://www.r24.org/huahin.20m.com/bangkok/comfortsuites/details/

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Kathie

I've stayed at the Amari before. I think it's an exceptionally mediocre hotel. However, I was planning to stay there since we were arriving at midnight and leaving at 8 am the next day. However, after checking the usual websites for bargain rates, it turned out I'd have to pay about US$150 for a room. I ended up choosing the Rama Gardens, which is very close to the airport. There are several others. Check out www.asia-hotels.com You can search on locations, including near the airport for a wide variety of options.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Marilyn

We stayed at the Amari the night before we left and I would do it again only because of the convenience.

We got a "deal" on the room somehow connected with our air tickets on Thai Air, I think. But it's worth checking with your airline. It still cost about $130 -- pricey for a few hours sleep.

If I figure in the taxi ride into Bangkok and back to the airport that we DIDN'T have to pay for, it's a bit better, not to mention the time, hassle, etc.

Also, they let us leave some luggage there at no charge while we went down to the islands for a few days. We got the very last flight possible out of Phuket, maximizing our beach time, and then spent the night at the Amari and flew out early the next morning.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Anna

My husband and I stayed right inside the airport terminal at Louis' Tavern day hotel. We called from the US to reserve a room, we were glad we did because there weren't any vacancies when we our flight arrived around midnight. The hotel wasn't anything fancy, but we were in our room within 15 minutes of getting off of the plane. We paid 2800 baht for 8 hours in the room.
http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Margo

Comfort suites are about the best deal, free transfer to/from the airport, takes about 10 minutes.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 06:27 PM
bob

have stayed twice at the comfort inn and it is convenient with their shuttle bus which runs often...caution...when we were last there a german man had his camera stolen out of the room while he was eating downstairs...stupid of him to leave it exposed...just be careful...only incident of theft we have heard of in 5 trips to thailand

we would stay there again...very simple but clean