Cheap Air -- Air Asia

Search

Cheap Air -- Air Asia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap Air -- Air Asia

I just returned from Thailand and used Air Asia for RT Bangkok to Chiang Mai. They are a relatively new discount airline, and the fares are so cheap compared to Thai Air or Bangkok Air. I was hesitant to book with them, as it sounded too good to be true. But it is true! Our 1st flight on Aia Asia was great! Leather seats, on-time. Our return flight was delayed, so they put us on an alternate flight with Thai Air, as we needed to make a connection in BKK. There was no additional cost to us! What service! I would DEFINATELY fly with them again: www.AirAsia.com You can only book on-line, and tickets have restrictions.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM

Mad-THIS is a good tip! I checked it out, RT to Chiang Mai or Phuket is about 28US (I think that's right)-this is a great deal, partic. since you've flown them and liked the planes and service-thanks for that!
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 11:22 PM

I've used Thai Air Asia and they were fine, remember the 15kgs baggage allowance though, they are strict on it and charge excesss for anything above. Nok Air also provide an excellent service and you can get what used to be 'Business Class' seats at the front for a little extra.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:34 AM

Me too me too.. I used them 2 months ago BKK, penang, BKK. I want too try out the others as well. I have a thing about trying new airlines, kind of like a personal colection list.

james A...

I think the winners in the space will be the once offering international routs.

whats the story on nok and one 2 go.. not much news or advertisment for that matter comming out of either.
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

On the 15 kg baggage limit on Air Asia... We went mad shopping in BKK, so we had too much weight to meet the allowance. But 100 meters from the ticket counters is a baggage check, so we threw all our extra stuff in a box, and checked it in for the remainder of our trip (1 week). (60Baht a day). We picked it up just before we departed a week later. That way we didn't have to schlep all our stuff around either.