Centre Pointe Serviced Apartments Silom

Oct 17th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Centre Pointe Serviced Apartments Silom

Several of you have answered questions on other threads regarding this place and I thank you for that!

I see that this place has studio apartments but I don't see any way to book them. It also looks like you can't book any room this far in advance for a Feb. booking.

Do they only rent out the 1 and 2 bedroom units?

Has anyone called them directly?

How far is the Silom river location from some good nightlife and restaurants (central area with lots of choices)?

Thanks!

Tamara
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:19 PM

Hi Euro,

I normally wouldn't try to advise on someplace we haven't yet stayed, but as we've done the booking for the Centre Point Silom recently, I can fill you on what we did.

We booked about a month ago for mid-January. We wanted one of the studios (not the one or two bedroom suite), but there are apparently two sizes in studios, an "A" and "B". The B is 66sqm but the A is only 45sqm. So we decided on the B, but none of the booking sites had that one. Just the A or the 1 or 2 bedroom suites.

So, we booked through their own website www.centrepoint.com. Paid $74 for the internet rate. I just checked and it does look like the furthest out their calendar goes is Jan 17th right now.

Anyway, after we submitted the form, the rest was done by email and fax anyway. The form just sends an email. They contacted us back to confirm what we wanted and then had us fax credit card numbers. So maybe just emailing them would do the same thing in getting things started? The address we were emailing to was [email protected]

By the way, I noticed on the other thread that there was discussion about what the studio vs the 1 bdrm looked like. They have virtual tours (one of the spinning room deals, if you have the iPix viewer installed) on their website of both types of rooms. This is the address for that page:
http://www.centrepoint.com/Virtual/Silom_Studio.aspx

Will know more by the end of January, once we're back.

There are a number of
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:21 PM

No idea what that last half a line was from!
Oct 17th, 2005, 07:00 PM

As far as size goes...45 square meters is awfully small for a place that has a kitchen included. My standard room, at the Four Seasons, is 42 square meters which is a very nice-sized bedroom...but I can't imagine also adding a kitchen into a 42 square-meter space. The serviced apartment buildings I looked at were all starting at 65 square meters. The studios, in the building I'll stay in in December, were three sizes...65/80/90 square meters and the one bedroom at another place started at 65 square meters which I thought clostophobic because of the wall added to make a one bedroom. I personally prefer a studio with one, big open space and the kitchen as a separate room. But, I guess it depends on how long you'll be staying at the place. I'll have 3 weeks and 45 square meters would drive me stir crazy. Happy Travels!
Oct 17th, 2005, 07:10 PM

Euro, email the place and ask for a price quote.

I think this will be a good area for you, near the river and lots of shopping, tailors and dressmakers. There are number of well-recommended restaurants in the area.

People worry a lot about the area they are staying in and whether it is close to things. While you don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere (like one of the airport hotels), as long as you are close to some public transport, you'll be fine. You'll find that you'll use taxis a lot, especially in the evenings, as traffic isn't that bad in the evenings. Even in the closeby areas, you'll have more choice than you can take advantage of!
Oct 17th, 2005, 08:05 PM

You might want to compare price of studio directly from Centre Point website and 1 bedrooms from the different internet sites, like asiarooms. When I put in some Feb dates on asiarooms )or it may had been another site) you could get a 1 bedroom for $72-75. I loved staying there in Sept and didn't worry about things to do right there because the skytrain was right there and could take me anywhere in a short time.
Oct 18th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great info!

Clifton, I actually emailed Centre Point directly a couple of days ago and, yes, I have taken a look at the virtual tours on their site as well. The place looks great!

I am curious, are these buildings owned by a corporation or are the units individually owned and then rented out by a property manager?

Can we expect the same standard of furnishings, decor and cleanliness in all the units within a building or do they vary greatly?

Kathie, the weather in PDX was incredible yesterday! How was it in SEA?

Cheers!

Tamara
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:02 AM

(Euro it was dark and cludy but no rain - I left Portland at the wrong time!)
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:51 AM

If Centre Pointe is like Omni Tower where I rent, the apartments vary a lot in decor as they are owned by someone who rents them out. This may or may not be the case for you.
Carol
Oct 18th, 2005, 12:34 PM

euro, we've stayed in 4 different units (beginning and end of two trips) and all were uniformly clean and well-kept. They are not individually owned apartments. This place is just like a hotel, but geared for longer term occupants, e.g., people who are working in Bangkok for a couple months. All the units are furnished the same, with variation depending on size of unit, of course.

Oct 24th, 2005, 08:03 PM

We'll be there the end of Nov for a couple nights. Reserved directly through their website. They were very helpful.

I'll write back when we return early Dec.

Can anyone recommend good restaurants around Centre Pointe Silom? Doesn't have to be fancy, just good Thai or Indian food.
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:15 PM

tongue thai just behind OP Place which is in back of the oriental hotel...

harmonique which is on soi 34, new road

across the street and down a bit is hamili cha cha, a very good indian rest....

gallery cafe is on capt. bush rd near corner of new road, near to the sheraton orchid...

several restaurants in the river city shopping center...next to the sheraton

all the restaurants in the sheraton, peninsula, shangri-la hotels...

the italian rest. in silom village---it is on the right up one flight as you enter silom village...

there are tons of others in that area..
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:46 PM

Thanks Bob. I'll write those restaurant suggestions down and let you know if we get to try any of them.
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM

granny---if you have to pick one, pick tongue thai...it is small and very good..