Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Centre Point Serviced Apt at Wireless Road

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if anyone has ever stayed at the Centre Point Serviced Apartment at Wireless Road? I like this area, and have stayed in the past at the Conrad Hotel and the Plaza Athenee and have looked across the street at the pleasant entrance of the Centre Point Serviced Apartment and wonder how the rooms and the amenities are, and whether they are comparable to the standards of the 2 hotels I mentioned.

Any views? I have checked out the website of the Centre Point apartments and the 2 bedroom apartment looks appealing.
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 05:45 AM

i think that a serviced apt would never compare with a 4 or 5 star hotel really...they are totally different...the apt would be much larger inside for one simple comparison...i have viewed two other bkk center points and found them to be very nice and comfortable but not 5* like the two hotels you mention...i think you would be very happy there...and certainly the location is fantastic...
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:40 AM

I haven't stayed at that one, but just stayed at the Emporium Suites for three weeks (Dec2005/Jan 2006) and absolutely loved it. Once you've gone in the serviced residence direction, I think it's very hard to go back into the hotel direction although I do miss my beloved Four Seasons immensely. But, I also love the serviced residence system.It's just a different vibe than staying at a hotel. I would say just go for it and if you don't like it, you can always check out and check back into a hotel. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM

We stay for four nights last February. As rhkkmk said, the location is fantastic: near the Skytrain and Big Shopping Malls if you are interested in shopping a lot. The breakfast was adequate, and you should go for the one or two rooms (very spacious). The facilites are very good...well equiped gym, Internet service, nice pool and Spa center. The have a coin laundry on the basement and a litte convenience store On the premises. On Wireless Road is located the Night Market (worth a visit). If you have more qUestions I will gladly answer.
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your views. I am certainly tempted to try out the serviced apt route for once and see how that compares with a hotel experience.

Hey gilawi01 - since you have stayed there in the past, can you confirm that there is daily housekeeping - i.e. we get fresh linens and sheets daily.