Budget transfer BKK to Hua Hin

Old Aug 16th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budget transfer BKK to Hua Hin

I am heading to Thailand very soon (on a budget!) and wanted to know if anyone had any experience of a minibus transfer service by Ken Diamond between Bangkok and Hua Hin. Cost is 690baht each way, with collection at your hotel. So I am guessing that this is not a private trip, but with other passengers picked up from other hotels. I have also heard about the minibus service which leaves from Victory Monument, which is very cheap but not sure how safe! Any advice on this subject from other travellers would be most welcome.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 03:41 AM

Mini vans when full ( usually 9 seaters ) can be very cramped. My suggestion would be simply to go to the Southern Bus Station in Bangkok and take the regular air conditioned express bus which leaves I think about every 40 minutes from before dawn until late evening, They are non stop and takes about 3 hrs 15 mins, cost should be about B 180 ( USD 4.50 ), I think you would be more comfortable that in a mini-van !

The express buses arrive in Hua Hin near the night market which is easy walking distance to all other parts of the center of town and the beach, if you are heading out further Bicyle rickshaws(samlors) and tuk tuks are available and reasonable fixed prices.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 03:42 AM

I would add Ken Diamond are well known and if your budget allows a hotel to hotel service then fine, but most people would simply use the express bus ( quite safe ! )
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks JamesA for your response. I have booked the Ken Diamond transfer so will see how it goes.. if it is too cramped on the way there, i'll take the regular express bus for the return journey!
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 06:10 AM

I have heard that there's a guesthouse in Khaosad Rd. area that arranges the services like this. As much as I remember, it's near the police station, called Suger..sth...not sure