Reload this Page >

Thai Bus Schedules On-Line?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:36 AM
Dawn

Hello - <BR><BR>Does anyone know if the bus schedules for internal Thai transportation are posted on-line? Specifically I am looking for the schedule from Bangkok to Cha-am or Hua Hin on Saturdays and the same route back to Bangkok on Saturdays.<BR><BR>Or is this such a common route that I should expect hourly service even on a weekend?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Sarah Rey

There are some sites but in your case it is not necessary. Buses between Bangkok and Cha Am / Hua Hin operate every 40 minutes from Bangkok 'Southern' bus station. First one leave I guess about 5 a.m, last about 9 pm, thought there are later long-haulers that also stop in Hua Hin.<BR>Northbound first buses are around 4.30 am but note last one leaves around 9 pm. Costs about US$4 and takes 3 hrs to Cha Am and 3 hrs 15 to Hua Hin. These are air-conditioned non-stop. Don't make the mistake of getting caught to take these so called 'VIP' buses anywhere in Thailand that are sold by agents, there are perfectly good regular bus services everywhere in Thailand.<BR>Just tell your hotel desk the night before that you are taking the bus to Cha Am/Hua Hin and they will write on a piece of paper in Thai the bus station you need for the cab driver. Naturally he will try and get you to take his cab all the way but smile and ignore that request ( unless you are a group in which case you can share the fare ).

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:52 PM
Sarah Rey

Dawn, the buses are blue and white and have the route clearly marked on them in English, so it's not confusing. Cha Am and Hua Hin are 20 minutes apart. If you are heading down for the first time do go to Hua Hin in preference as it is somewhat easier to to find 'first night' accommodation, the beach area in Cha Am is about 1 km from the main road where the bus stops. if you need any accommodation suggestions let me know.<BR><BR><BR>Sorry I don't give my e-mail address since being spammed continually.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Martha

Bangkok Airways have daily flights, it is naturally much more than bus, but if you are alone it is worth paying a little more in place of a taxi. After take off from Bangkok the aeroplane cruises for about 10 minutes and then you descend, I think it was no more than 25 minutes altogether. I was outside Hua Hin's little airport within 5 minutes and I was at the Dusit in Cha Am in another 10 minutes. I know that from take off from Bangkok to being inside my hotel was within 1 hour.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Thai

http://www.muangthai.com/cgi-bin/muangthai/coach.pl<BR>sorry is Thai alphabet/<BR>destination chaum<BR>bus class 1&lt;i think it have 3 class, i am not sure&gt;<BR>price 97baht<BR>Time leave from Bkk<BR>Time leave from chaum<BR><BR>have a nice trip in Thailand<BR>bus company/<BR>tel<BR><BR>this is web site of tourist info/<BR>may it useful for you<BR>http://www.tat.or.th/

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Dawn

Thanks for all the very specific info. You guys were better than a website.<BR><BR>Dawn

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 01:58 PM
MichaelGarvey

Someone mentioned about flights on bangkok air. I personally haven't flow the route mentioned, but I did fly with them several times on my vacation and found them to be reasonably priced (my flights were between $30 and $80 USD). The planes were clean and pretty nice.<BR><BR>You can check prices / schedules and even purchase e-tickets on their website:<BR><BR>http://203.154.168.55/birts/<BR><BR>Hope this helps. Oh yeah, by the way the one hitch is that they only allow about 20 or 30 Kg of luggage per passenger (I think). I'm not sure of the exact weight but I know it was less than the other international carriers I flew. Not to worry if you're over though, you'll just pay somewhat more for your ticket. <BR><BR>(I won't say how much I was over!!)