BKK Hotel

May 1st, 2004, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

BKK Hotel

Stayed at The Davis Bangkok on Sukumvit 24 while in Bangkok on Business. It's a very nice, classy hotel. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel in Bangkok.
May 1st, 2004, 05:32 PM

likem---can you tell us more about the davis....i have been taking with them for many months...i know the area which is good for us, but i am hesitant to try them....did you have a standard room or what category....how was it appointed....is it moderately quiet there?/ seems like lots is going on...there has been quite a bit on them on this board about 9 months ago, but nothing since....
please be specific about your stay...thanks

bob
May 4th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

I stayed in a standard room. It was quite nice (especially for only 3060 Baht per night. I was able to look in an upgraded room and it looked quite nice. Looked like it had an eating area and maybe bi-leveled.
My room had a medium sized closet (with robe and slippers), security box, refridgerater, sink, business desk with ethernet hookup (costs extra - wireless in the lobby), 1 large bed, 2 lounge chairs, TV. The bathroom was granite and had a shower and tub.
The breakfast buffet was very nice (fresh fruit, hot eggs, sausage, breads, cereal, cheeses, etc.)
Cabs are quite easy to catch near the intersection if you want to go anywhere.
I wouldn't recommend asking the concierge for restaurant recommendations - do your own research.
The pool, jacuzzi, and sauna on the top floor are great.
Hmmmm, the bar downstairs was never very full, but it was pleasant enough. They usually had a band/singer...drinks were average price for a hotel.
I had my laundry done at the hotel, but it seemed a bit pricey. Although I didn't investigate the prices elsewhere, it was returned as expected.
Most of the reservations staff speaks English. There are a couple of nice restaurants in the area, especially down the street on the other side of Sukhumvit.
May 4th, 2004, 11:32 AM

For a slightly longer stay in the same area - and esp with kids - IMO the emporium suites service apts are great. Same price range or cheaper. Great location. Price includes breakfast and once a day kmaid service. Rooms come with TVS, kitchenettes, washing machines-driers.
May 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM

thanks for the reply about the davis...one last question: how large was the pool and is there shade available at the pool? thanks again
May 5th, 2004, 01:06 AM

RHKKMK... why not check out Nai Lert Park,(former Hilton) now a Raffles internation property. it supposedly has a pig pool. with bridges, waterfall and all. the holel is half sourounded by a botanical garden and is located right in the midle of town, WIRELESS rd.
May 5th, 2004, 05:00 AM

i have looked at the former hilton, but am leery a bit...one it is not on river and two it looks a bit old hat...in favor of it is that raffles has taken it over????
May 5th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Pool at The Davis is relatively small (but was never crowded when I was there). Yes there is shade around the pool with awnings, walls and umbrellas...it also has lounge chairs for those who are sun worshippers.
May 5th, 2004, 09:00 AM

jeez I must really have a bad rep for mispelling/mistyping I post pig pool and no one blinks.

note... forgeive me in the feature I am using one of those ulta small lap tops.