Best Western Premier Supalai Resort & Spa, Phuket

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried this new resort yet? It opened last October and is on the north-east coast of Phuket.

There aren't any reviews yet on TA and before I book, I'd like to hear some personal views of this hotel and the surrounding area - beaches etc?

Anyone?

AP

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 03:33 PM

I haven't see it but the location is as you say on the north east, this is a very quiet area and not know for beaches, if you want 'remote' it might suit but otherwise it is a very quiet area, there are quiet beaches on the west coast which has the best of the beaches, north east has some nice views, it depends your reason for looking at this one as opposed to others.
I have been around that area and there is little around, most if not all of prime beach areas had best locations taken many years back, so new places are very lucky indeed to get any good location. The surrounding area is perhaps more natural and local than other areas and if that appeals to you it might suit.
It depends on your criteria of whether you want a quiet place and spend most of your time there or whether you want acces to restaurants, entertainment, more lively areas. There 'are' quieter beaches with reasonable access to busier areas but the north east is not famed for beaches, sands yes.
It again depends on your choice and whether you have stayed elsewhere on Phuket before, tell us your likes/dislikes.
If you tell us what you are looking for we can suggest ideas.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM

There is more of a local atmosphere and it is certainly away from the popular tourist areas, you will find local places to eat and local grocery shops etc but again, it is off the tourist trail, so that can be good or bad depending on what you seek.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM

I did not mention that if you are an avid golfer for instance not so bad as close to golf, it is probably the place that was also selling villas, they were very expensive.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying JamesA. Basically, we went to Phuket for the first time last December and absolutely loved it. We stayed at the Banyan Tree. We had a car and travelled around and after Phuket we drove north to Khao Lak for 8 days. We also loved Khao Lak and the surrounding area and intend on returning this coming December.

The Banyan Tree is a great hotel, in a nice location, with some nice restaurants. However, I do like to spend some time sunbathing and reading and this was where I felt the BT wasn't quite suitable for us. We had a pool villa which was absolutely beautiful, but the garden area was completely shaded by trees. The pool area, also beautiful was also heavily shaded and we found that by 3.30pm there was very little sun, which is my favourite time for sunbathing and reading!

Again, the sea and beach were lovely, but there was a strong undercurrent in the water.

We have looked at Trisara but it is completely out of our price range unfortunately, especially for the 2nd two weeks in December!

We are a couple on our own and my husband does play golf, but didn't get to play at the BT. We aren't too bothered with being a bit isolated as we will have a car and don't mind travelling out and about for restaurants etc. The Supalai does look very nice on the websites and it's a great deal cheaper than the Banyan Tree.

AP
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM

We liked the Meridien Beach Resort. Plenty of sunbathing opportunities and a great pool. It's just south of Patong, but isolated.

Old Mar 31st, 2007, 06:24 PM

That makes a big difference AP if you have been before, if you want quieter areas then perhaps may suit, but that part at Supalai is not 'known' for beaches, they have been promoting villas there which I guess is same place in the B18m ( USD 550k range ) which is a huge amount, but I guess that means the accom should be pretty good!
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 09:51 AM

I have found this new property in this website, it is only 3375 baht (Deluxe Seaview), very great price for 5 star property.

Check it out here :
http://www.hotelsguru.com/showhotel-43484.html

The hotel has just opened , very new and beautiful hotel.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM

Most places offer it around 3,000 - 3,186 for a deluxe seaview !!

Do you know the area, have you been to that part of the island ?
Tell us more