BARILI RESORT, KOH CHANG THAILAND

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we returned today from four wonderful days at the barali thanks to travelduo and jamesA...the place was perfect for us...

the only complaint i could possibly muster was the food...it was not bad, just not inspired at all....this is easily solved by going next door to the tropicana (2 minute walk) where the food is much better or 2 more minutes down the beach to the new amari resort which is wonderful and the food is top drawer...

one warning...the pool at barali will close soon for renovation....i expect it may be closed for several weeks this summer while they make repairs...

the beach there is very nice and the view is excellent....

our rooms were very large and the bathroom is huge with a soaking tub that would hold your whole family....there were many families there as well....there are only about 34 units, but soon they will build a new large open air lobby and 3 deluxe units with their own pools....this will not interfere with the running of the hotel during construction i do not belive...
the new manager is a very nice thai man who has recently relocated from phuket...

koh chang is a place we would return to for total relaxation...there is not a great deal to do there other than resort activities...there are some elephant rides and waterfall excursions but not much else and NO SHOPPING...

its a quick flight from bkk...35 minutes on bkk air...

a good 4 day side trip

bob
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM

Thanks a lot for the info, Bob. We've just got back to Australia and we are hating the cold here in the Hunter Valley. I'm already planning a 3 week quick trip to somewhere warm for early July so thinking Koh Chang could be the place. Did you notice or inspect any other mid-range places to stay that looked good? I'm a bit concerned about the pool closing soon, at the Barili. Hope you continue to enjoy yourselves. Keep on posting! All the best!
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Wow Bob, so glad it worked out ok, I think we knew the restaurants wouldn't be up to much. I have just read thru the last few hundred posts and came across the Pattaya one, ouch ! well look at it this way, you won't know how 'good' the 'good places are' unless you know how the bad ones are! I bet Hua Hin looks better than it did after Pattaya, yes !
Sorry we missed again and I have been off line for so long, we 'lost' our small Terrier puppy and although that might not sound such a big deal anyone out there with a family pet knows that this was about the same ( maybe worse )as the house caving in !!
For dog lovers don't panic....puppy is now back from the Northeast ( far too long and complex story , Orgy7 or Hanuman and others might be able to hazard a wild guess ) now lying at my feet having forgeoten his 'house training' a few moments ago.

I will now pray for dry sunshine for Bob and Karen and finsih the Dom P myself!
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM

We are so happy you liked it as much as we did! I have been really nervous to get on the computer each morning, because i did not want to see a post from you about barali saying it was like payatta! Cant wait to hear more about it later, but then again I dont think that there would be much else to say about KC since not much goes on there!
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM

Glad to hear you are having a well-deserved, great trip.
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM

Bob - no shopping????? What does your wife have to say about that!
This won't be on our list to explore as the wife needs her shopping fix about every 4 hours!
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 11:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Bob, Glad to hear that you and Karen are having such a good time and I'm enjoying your mini-reports. I don't think I could spend 4 days in a place with nothing to do, I'm just not good at doing nothing. I suppose I could hang out on Fodor's...

James, very happy to hear the happy ending with your dog. I have a cat and know exactly how you feel. It would be much worse than the house caving in!
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM

Bob
Loving your reports. I'm glad you had a nice time on Koh Chang. I might add it to my list... but I'm like Bill's wife. I like my shopping!

What's next on your itinerary? Have fun.

Carol
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

WELL JAMES I HAVE NEVER BEEN STOOD UP FOR A DOG BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding...maybe another time...

trip continues to be good but ends on monday..

karen in pool while i type...lunch at loft today at central chitlom...

carol....stand by for the BED report...i have writting it but left it in the room...a quick peek for you: FANTASTIC
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 09:11 PM

I hope your back in the room getting it
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 05:32 AM

How many time shares did they sell you?
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 06:02 AM

Bob
Glad you enjoyed The Bed. I'll be looking for your full report.
Carol