bangkok-hua hin, cost for transport

Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

bangkok-hua hin, cost for transport

can anyone give me an idea of what it will cost for a taxi from bangkok airport to hua hin, or is it easy enough to get from the airport to a bus station to get on a coach. thanks
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM

From BKK Airport to Hua Hin:
Taxi approx B 1,600-1,800, go to Taxi counter after arrivals/customs.
Limo approx B 2,850 for Large sedan or about B 3,250 for Volvo/Merc style, go to Limo counter after arrivals/customs.

Journey time varies on time of day. 2 hrs 30 to 3 hrs roughly. I would really go for the Limo, they are just large sedans but so much more comfort and smooth ride, the Taxis tend to be small Corollas/Civic size and. If you have had a long flight that large sedan Limo service is worth the extra over the taxi.

Unless you are on a real tight budget forget the bus, it means taxi across town to Southern Bus station, from there express bus every 40 minutes costs about B 180, then once in Hua Hin you of course then have to get a tuk tuk or taxi to your hotel.

There are trains but it takes well over 4 hours and you have to get to the station in BKK anyway.

SGA Aero operates 4 flights per day, costs USD 135 return, small 12 seater plane, takes 40 mins, but you have to contact them direct and then transfer the fare, seems a headache!

Return from Hua Hin to Bangkok large size taxi sedans about B 1,600-1,800. Some mini-vans several times per day about B 590.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM

there are many different ways to return to bangkok which can be hired while in HH....i paid $65 one way for AAC limo from bkk hotel to HH...slightly more from airport probably....that was in a benz...

there is also train and bus but not convenient from airport...

you could get a good or a bad driver from the airport so i would not chance a taxi...

for this reason i would use a car service...

my return was in a sharred van at about $12 per person, but it stopped in many places and took a long time...

to me a private car is the best, although not the cheapest...
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:40 AM

Just a tip for return trip, see the Taxi/car drivers at Satukarn Square in Hua Hin, the have quite a few station wagons for the normal price or some Landcruisers 4x4 at about B 2,800, just go a couple of days before your return trip.
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:09 PM

I will be in downtown bkk before leaving for Hua Hin. Where would I get limo to Hua Hin w/o going to the airport?
Has anyone use Julie's taxi to go bkk-hua hin?
Oct 5th, 2005, 08:05 PM

you just call the limo company and they will pick you up any place you want...i took the airport limo from jw marriott to marriott in HH---$65...
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:53 PM

Just ask the hotel concierge to arrange for you, easy, should be about B 2,850.
Oct 6th, 2005, 06:09 AM

if you use a hotel car i think you will find the cost to be higher than an outside lime company..